Chapter 6

"MUM!"
Wanda looks up with shock. A loud bang sounds around the house. It trembles through the floor and Wanda trips forward stubbing her bare toe on the door.

Fear courses through her body as she walks through the doorway. The house is still shaking and through the hallway she sees a red flickering light. Fire.
"Pietro!" The sound of her voice is loud and strained but still a feeble child's
All she hears is wailing. Male crying. Young male crying. Pietro. But Pietro never cries

As quickly as possible she runs through the doorway and let's out a faint scream. It feels detached. Like its not part of her. But the terror is. The corner of the room is blazing with fire. Her dad stands next to it, a fire extinguisher in his hand as he tries to put out the flames. Tears stream down his face.

One half of the room is full of fallen rubble and some of the wall and the windows are broken.

Pietro is crouched on the floor leaning over they're mum who's head is covered in blood. She isn't breathing. He is sobbing helplessly stroking his mother's hair, muttering during breaths.
"Mum please please!" He screams but at the sound of Wanda''s own scream he looks up
"Help me..." He gasps

Wanda stumbles forward and on to her knees in front of her mother.
"I promised I wouldn't use it Pietro!" She sobs over the sound of the shaking houses
"She's dying!" Pietro yells "you have to!"
Her hands shaking Wanda reaches forward, energy flooding through her. The hex exits her fingers, a sudden surge of scarlet. Too sudden. It hits her mother's body like a bomb. It surges upward and then flops down on the ground all in one second. She isn't breathing.
"What?" Pietro stutters "What did you do? Why didn't it work!"
"She's dead Pietro" Wanda mutters"You should of never asked me to do it"

The energy of the hex fills her body as Pietro starts sobbing again. That look he gave her when she did let it escape her. That look of terror. That look of disgust. Pietro never looked at her like that.

Tears stream down her cheeks as she stares down at her mother's lifeless body. Her hex still flows out of her hands, uncontrollable.
"Get out Pietro" her voice is shaking "get out before I hurt you"
Pietro looks up at her. His body is weak and helpless and his brown hair is gradually becoming more and more silver. He opens his mouth to speak when the wall behind him collapses inwards and everything goes black...
*
"Is she sleeping?"
Pietro looks up from his book. Steve stands at the doorway holding a tin. Bucky stands behind him looking down at the floor his brown hair messy.
"Yeah" Pietro smiles, looking over at Wanda. She's still, her hair spread out, one hand under her pale cheek "You might want to leave before she wakes up though. It's not fun."
"How long has she been having these nightmares?" Steve asks
"Ever since she was born" Pietro sighs looking like he wants to change the subject "hey Bucky"
Bucky looks up. He looks different. There's a look in his eyes. A look of fear.
"Hi" he smiles slightly
"Buck if you want to go home you can go you know" Steve turns around to him his voice gentle
"I can't go back there" Bucky shakes his head urgently "can I stay with you tonight?"
"Would your parents be okay with it?"Steve asks
"All my parents want is to send me straight to a therapist" Bucky looks upset "I've already said everything to the police. I can't do it again"
"You're going to go home some time you know"
"Well that time isn't now-" Bucky is interrupted by a loud cry.
Steve whips his head around, shocked. Wanda is sitting up in her bed gasping. Tears role down her pale cheeks, her eyes fearful. Pietro jumps off his bed to Wanda's and quickly pulls her in to a hug. He immediately starts whispering words softly in to her ear, stroking her messy hair.
"You know who she reminds me of?" Bucky mutters
"Who?"
"Me" and he turns on his heal and walks out of the shed
Steve doesn't follow. He knows how much Bucky is struggling and he doesn't want to get in to an argument.