Everything's Going To Be Okay

I sat on a bench, hugging my knees to my chest, sobs racking my body. A cold, biting wind blew harshly, making my jacketless body shiver, but I didn't care (A/N: THE COLD NEVER BOTHERED ME ANYWAY). Nothing mattered anymore.

Out of nowhere, I felt a warm jacket being draped over me, and a hand on my arm. "Hi," a familiar voice said. "It's Brendon."

I looked at him with my puffy, bloodshot eyes, but said nothing.

"What's wrong, babe?" He asked, pulling me against him, his arm around me.

I curled up against him and shut my eyes, frsutratedly (is that a word?) sighing. "Nothing. Everything."

Brendon chuckled lightly and stroked my hair. "Could you be a little more specific?"

I took a shaky, deep breath. "Ever since my dad lost his job, all he does is go out, get hammered, and come home late at night. I have to work two jobs so I can pay for my food and other shit because he's such a lazy ass. If I'm not careful and I cross paths with him at home, he'll beat me, so I have to basically sneak around. I just..." I sighed. "I don't fucking know anymore."

      "Oh, man, Y/N..." Brendon hugged me tightly. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

      "Because I didn't want to burden you with my shit. You have your own problems."

     "My only problems is making sure my grades don't drop, just like everyone else. You have real problems. Tell you what. You can move it with me– I'll convince my parents, don't you give me that doubtful look."

I laughed weakly and wiped my tears with my sleeve. "Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure, you're my girlfriend and I love you to death."

"Aw, Beebo, I love you so much." I kissed his cheek. "Thanks for taking care of me."

"No problem, babe. So we'll go after school to get your stuff and then we'll head to my house, okay?"

"Okay," I said nervously. (A/N: MAYBE OKAY WILL BE OUR ALWAYS)

"Don't worry, Y/N." Brendon kissed my forehead and pulled me closer, rubbing small, comforting circles on my back. "Everything's going to be okay."

     I shut my eyes, enjoying his comforting words and embrace. For the first time, I felt like things really were going to be okay. "With you by my side, it will be."

A/N: Hey ya'll!!! It's so fabulous to be back, how ya'll been? Also, please enjoy the picture of fetus Breadbin (high school edition) in the media at the top.