Chapter 5

"What's up?" Tamaki asked, "You're a girl! That's what's up!"

"Yeah..." Dimi said, smiling a bit, "It took you guys a while to find out." She looked around, "what now? Will I be kicked out?"

"Well... no." Kyoya said, "you've proven to be rather an asset to the group."

"Really?" Dimi asked, "You'll let me stay?"

"I don't see why not." Tamaki said.

Dimi smiled, "Thanks!" She said, smiling widely, "well, let's get something to eat, shall we?"

After eating, Dimi was sitting on her bed, trying to stall going to sleep, somehow knowing she'll have the dream again. She looked up as Haruhi walked in.

"You're not asleep yet?" She asked, "I would of thought you would be. It is late."

"I know it's late." Dimi said, "I guess I'm just not tired." She smiled, "don't worry about me, I'll be fine, I'll get to sleep soon."

Haruhi got into her bed and lay down, "well, if that's the case, goodnight." She said, yawning.

After a while, Dimi heard Haruhi's breathing slow, showing that she was asleep. Dimi felt herself start to dose off, and tried to stay awake, but failed, the world fading into a deep sleep.

'Dimi watched as flames lapped around her bed, reaching towards her. She moved away from the flames, tears falling down her cheeks. "M-mother? F-father?" She called out, "Are you okay?!" She sniffed, then she froze as she saw two figures in the flames, she moved towards the edge of the bed, realizing that the figures were her parents. Her eyes widened as they burned right in front of her.'

Dimi shot up, dawn light filtering through the window. She sat up in her bed, tears falling down her cheeks in trails. She put a hand over her mouth to muffle her sobs, and her other hand went to the middle of her chest, where the worst of her burn scar was, grabbing it tight. "I knew I would have that dream. The cruel reminder that I'm alone in this world." She had removed her hand from her mouth and smiled softly, "I guess I'm not going back to sleep anytime soon."

Dimi stood up and walked to the glass doors at the back of the room, she opened them and stepped out into the dawn light. She leaned over the edge of the railing and watched as the waved washed calmly over the shore. Her dream now seeming miles away. She didn't know how much time had passed until Haruhi walked out on the balcony.

"You've been here for a while, you okay?" She asked.

Dimi turned to look at her and smiled, "I couldn't be better." She said, "What time is it anyways?"

"It's about 8. The boys should be up soon." She walked up next to Dimi, "You're an early riser too?"

Dimi shook her head, "I'm actually not. I just had a nightmare." She looked back over the ocean, "I couldn't get back to sleep after it, so I just went out here to calm down a bit."

"That must be hard." Haruhi said, "But I'm glad your okay."

"Yeah. It was just a nightmare." Dimi said, not wanting to tell Haruhi the truth.

A little while later, Dimi and Haruhi walked out of the room, dressed for the day. They walked to the dining hall, where some of the boys were already gathered. When the two entered, they turned.

"Morning you two." Kyoya said, "Sleep well?"

"I could of slept better." Dimi replied, sighing. She went over and sat down, leaning back.

"What do you mean by that?" Tamaki asked.

"I just had a nightmare, but it's really nothing."

Kyoya looked at her and narrowed her eyes. But he didn't say anything. "We're going to the beach again today, but we're going closer to a little boardwalk, so we can wonder around there for a while."

"That sounds like fun." Haruhi said, "boardwalks always have good souvenirs. And they're usually cheap too."

The others just started at her.

"Man, do commoners ever buy expensive stuff?" Koaru asked, not to anyone specific.

Dimi sighed, then smiled, 'I'll be fine here.' She thought to herself.