:19:

Charlie's POV

What?!! Mr. and Mrs. Jones?! I can't believe!

"Is that the reason you moved?" I asked as she wiped the tears with the back of her hand. She nodded a yes.

"That evening I was just returning from the library. On the way home I met your mom. She said you were leaving for Europe tomorrow. I told her I would meet you. I got home and started cooking the dinner. Mom and dad had gone for one of their " dates" as they liked to call it. I waited for a couple of hours but they didn't show up. I got a call from the police saying they were in a car accident. I ran towards the hospital but I was late!"

More and more tears flowed down from her cheek. I pulled her close to my chest. I don't know why but it hurted me to see her sad. In pain. It always did!

"Hey. You don't have to cry. I'm not going anywhere. I'm always here for you."

"You said that Charlie. The next day I still showed up at the airport. I thought you would be happy to see me there. After all I hadn't seen you in 3 years. So I did. I came to you. But then I had a strongest feeling that I need you to stay. I begged you to stay just one day but you just ignored me. I couldn't understand why. So I left."

"I'm sorry honey. I...I don't have an explaination to that I'm afraid."

"Its alright." She said. Now I know why she was so broken.

"And your college?"

"I dropped out. Couldn't afford it." I can't believe she dropped out. As far as I could remember it was her biggest dream to be just like her dad. To get the college degree and become the top most artist.

Eyeing the house properly now I saw it was just two rooms. Old rooms. The inner I guessed was the kitchen and this was her living room and her bedroom. I can't believe this girl has taken so much.

"Cecilia... You know I can't believe a person can take this much of a pain. And I'm happy that you are strong and you are here. Best friends again?"

She locked her pinki finger with mine.
"Again...."

I looked down in her red puffy eyes. The pain and relief were both visible.

I kissed her forehead and we sat there in silence saying nothing and enjoying each others company.