Request - Lucien Castle "The light in the dark night"

"Come, I will walk you home. The streets from New Orleans are not safe for a lady at this time of the day." Lucien winked while he pulled your arm through his.

It was way past midnight and the streets were filled with vampires looking for their next victim.

You were certain it wouldn't be the first time that a vampire would manage to get to you. Although you didn't remember anything, you were sure that not all your memory loss had been caused by too much alcohol.

"There is no need to be afraid with me by your side." Lucien pressed you a little tighter to his side. He was wearing a white shirt and a jeans that was probably way more expensive than your entire garderobe combined. "All those vampires know who I am and they wouldn't dare to touch anything that's mine." He smiled and the light of the lanterns reflected in his eyes.

"So, we've gone from 'we've been on a couple of dates together' to 'I'm yours' tonight?" You cocked your head and you wrapped your hands around his upper arm. Your lips curled up into a teasing smile and you tightened your grip a little.

"I could always ask you in the more old fashioned way, if you prefer that?" Lucien smiled back and he lead you to a spot that looked out over one of the lakes.

"I like old fashioned." You turned around and you pressed your back against the railing.

"So, that's why you agreed to go out with me then?" Lucien curled his hands around the bars next to your hips. He smiled a bright smile and he stared at you for a moment before he cleared his throat. "Dear (Y/N), would you want to be my girlfriend?" Lucien cocked his head a little and you grinned.

"Hmm, I think I need to think about that for a moment." You placed your hands on his shoulders and you felt his nose brushing yours.

"If you need some extra persuasion..." Lucien pressed his lips on yours and you closed your eyes to enjoy the moment. His lips were soft and tender and his hand tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "And?" He pulled out again and you smiled while you slowly opened your eyes.

"Of course I want to be your girlfriend, Lucien." You wrapped your arms around his neck and while you were leaning on the tips of your toes you kissed him once more.

"So, now I can officially tell all the horrible and greedy vampires in town that you are mine." Lucien spoke softly and he pressed his forehead on yours. "Your safety will improve significantly." He wrapped his arms around your waist and pressed you to his chest.

"How can I ever feel unsafe with you by my side?" You placed your head on his chest and you felt his hand going through your hair. "You're the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"And you're the light in my dark and endless night, my love."