Prologue

Kylo POV:

I gazed out the large, thick window I stood in front of, taking in what I saw. Stars. Blackness. Never ending space. Same as any other day. So boring.

Today did feel different than the rest. I had a vision last night of a girl with a strong hold of The Force (and no, not Rey). It has been bothering me all morning. I wanted to talk to Supreme Leader Snoke about it, though I'm not sure if he would understand. He was just...different.

It didn't feel like a normal vision, it felt like a calling. Like I had to find this girl, whoever she was, for whatever reason.

The opening of the sliding doors to my room interrupted my thoughts. I didn't need to turn around, I knew who it was. I could feel him.

"Yes, General Hux?" I said, my voice growling through my helmet. I loved that feature. It made me sound even more menacing than I already was.

"Sir, I have been looking into another planet to begin our new base," Hux replied in his thick, British accent. Maybe it was me, but he always sounded snobby. "I believe I have found a barren planet we could use."

I abruptly turned around, my cape dramatically swishing behind me. "You believe?" I walked towards him until I was merely a few inches from his face. "You either know or you don't General."

"With your permission, I would like to send probe droids to the planet to look for any signs of life," Hux said, taking a step back. I like to tell myself he was scared of me but it was probably for personal space. I hope my breath didn't smell.

"Do you have a description of this planet? Any resources we could use, possible downsides, anything?" Hey, I'm not just going to start my base up anywhere. It has to be to the highest standards. Mine.

"Our radars detect much foliage with some mountainous terrain. It's conditions seem to be, ironically, nearly identical to Starkiller Base. Just without the nuclear weapon at its core."

"And this planet is still within the Unknown Regions, correct?"

"Yes, Sir. It would be considered an uncharted territory for the Resistance."

I was beginning to fall in love with this potential planet but I tried to remain normal. He didn't deserve the complements. His head was big enough. Not to mention he was always trying to top me in everything he could. Jerk.

"Send the probe droids down and alert me of their findings at once," I commanded. "If there are inhabitants...we will get rid of them. Don't disappoint me General."

Hux appeared to be offended by what I said. "When have I ever-"

"Do not keep me waiting longer than I should," I snapped, cutting him right off. "Get to your task at once."

I could see he was holding back a snotty comment. "Yes, Sir." He hissed out the last word. I should probably check my mask for spit.

Hux marched out of the room, the sliding doors closing immediately behind him. I almost wished they closed on him.

I turned back to my view of space and sighed. I am seriously hoping Hux's planet works out because I am so sick of being up here. I have been so eager to find a solid place to start up our new base. This Star Destroyer is just too small for the entire militia of the First Order. Sometimes I even feel claustrophobic.