Chapter 10

I awoke from a peaceful slumber when the room seemed to shake. Not violently like an earthquake, but rumble enough to where it felt like a vibration. It was only for a few moments, so I brushed the wonder aside. Probably just the air conditioner trying to work again. I rolled over and smiled, Kylo and I now facing each other. The movement didn't wake him up, and I admired how cute and gentle he looked. I fought off the urge to cuddle him for he would probably kill me for disturbing him.

I was attempting to go back to asleep when the room suddenly tilted slightly to the side. The shaking was one thing, but now the bedroom isn't even level? What the flipping heck is going on?! Is this planet already going to cripple like the first Starkiller Base did? Because I don't want to be on it or anywhere near this place.

I grabbed the datapad on the nightstand, the screen illuminating at my touch. I pressed a memorized button (Kylo showed me this feature) and the panels to the windows lifted so I could see what was happening outside. I gasped as I saw not mountains but stars. The Finalizer was back in orbit. I suppose General Hux has the air conditioner repaired and working properly. It does feel warmer in here. Not hot, but comfortable. Finally.

I laid back down as the room became level again, relaxing. I can't even begin to say what a relief it was to see it was only the Finalizer returning to space. I know the Resistance. Surprise attacks are not uncommon amongst the gang of rebels. I just don't want to be here when that occurs.

I was nearly back asleep when the alarm clock went off, chirping loudly. I groaned. It was way too early to be getting up. I had no idea what time it was but it was just too early for my liking.

Kylo didn't seem to fond of the awakening either. He hit the clock (literally with his fist) and rolled over onto his back, trying to wake up. He glanced over at me and was pleased to see I was already up. "Oh good. You're awake." He yawned and I followed along, it too contagious to fight off. "We need to get done quickly. Hux is expecting us soon."

Kylo got out of bed and stretched. I nearly drooled. And you wouldn't blame me. Watching that back flex is a blessing to the eyes.

He crossed the room then paused, looking out the windows. "And...we are in space. Wow. Nice of Hux to tell me."

I giggled. As harsh as the exchanges between them were, it was almost comical to watch. Their bickering over the littlest things, whether it attempting to prove the other wrong or just trying to pass the other in a walkway as it seems, shows the naivety of their character. Yet, I wouldn't want either to change in any way.

Kylo stopped at the end of the bed, his clothes in his hands, eyeing me. "I suggest you get up. We can't be late to the meeting."

I yawned again. "I know, Kylo. I just wish I could sleep longer. The bed feels so comfortable..."

"Well, you can't, so get up!"

My eyelids felt heavy and I shut them. "I could rest here a few more minutes. I'll be ready, no worries."

The covers were suddenly ripped off me and I opened my eyes to see Kylo smirking. I shot him a look. "How mature. Joke is on you because I don't need covers to lie here."

He frowned, thought a moment, then gestured his hand at me. It felt like I was shoved as I fell off the bed onto the floor. Now I was irritated. I glared up at him. "You could have just been a gentleman and asked me politely to get up. I would have been more caring and listened."

"Already tried that." He snickered as he walked into the bathroom. "Besides, where would the fun be?"

The door shut before I could think of a comeback.