Chapter 14

Kylo POV

What happened?

I moaned as I opened my eyes, coming to consciousness. My head was throbbing and my vision was blurred.

Where am I?

It was bright in here. Too bright for the state I'm in. I shunned my eyes to keep myself from going blind. Everything around me was white.

Peaking from behind my gloved hand, I picked up bits and pieces of the room and my mind connected this to be a recovery room in the infirmary.

How did I end up here?

I was currently lying in a cot but I don't know what for. Am I injured? My muscles ache but not enough to be fatal.

What am I doing here?

Then an image, a thought that will become a haunting memory, flashed before me. I stabbed Summer with my lightsaber. I recall her lying lifeless in my arms but one thing was prominent, her last words.

I love you.

Over and over they repeated in my mind until I was almost convinced I was cursed. But I wasn't. Those words are changing me inside and I can't handle the feeling. It has to stop soon. I feel like I could explode.

My vision becoming more focused, I sat upright in the cot. I was alone and not hooked up to any machines. Not a wise move for the nurses. I can easily sneak out.

I climbed out of the cot and rubbed my neck, which was very sore. Did something happen to me before I blacked out?

I suddenly remember a syringe being shoved into my jugular. Whatever drug was in it knocked me out like a blaster set to stun.

I nearly fell over when I stood up. The drug hasn't fully worn off but I'll survive. I've been in worse conditions.

Before I even made it to the door, a medic came inside. His smile sickened me. "Feeling better, sir?"

My legs still unsteady, I was leaning onto the cot for support. "Where's Summer?" That's all I care about right now.

"Just down the hall," he replied. "We've managed to revive her but her percentage for recovery is very low. You might want to consider...you know..."

"Never," I growled, feeling my strength return as my blood pressure rose. "She will survive. The Force within her will heal her wounds."

The medic stared at me in disbelief but knew better than to argue. "If you say so, sir. May I get you anything while I'm here?"

I pushed past him, forcing myself to walk whether I was capable or not. The medic called after me but I ignored him, pushing on harder.

Once out of the room, I stormed down the hallway towards another room that was calling to me like a magnet. As long as I can sense Summer in the Force, she is still alive.

I entered her room and immediately dropped to my knees, all my strength drained from me. It had nothing to do with the aftermath of the drugs.

"What have I done..." I muttered, staring at Summer's body in a deep, comatose state. She was hooked up to life support machines, which reflected on her critical condition. The monitor showed her faint heartbeat. She was hanging on to life but by a thread.

My cheeks became stained with tears. I didn't even care who would see me cry. This act is going to scar me worse than the death of my father. Especially if she doesn't survive.

I managed to maneuver over to her bedside, pulling up a chair with the Force so I could sit next to her. I cupped her hand and gently stroked her arm.