Epilogue

Kylo Ren POV

I dropped her off knowing she would be safe, that it was her only hope of survival. My heart has ached since and I'm not the only who has noticed. I knew that my action may become sacrificial and...

I screamed out in pain again as the lightwhip struck my back. Electricity shivered down my body, making the flogging only more painful.

"Not only did you spare her life, you let her go!" Snoke scolded as he struck me again. "How could you be so foolish?! Do you know how much risk you have now put the First Order in?"

I was panting, breathless and worn out from this. "I have taken full responsibilities for my actions-" I yelped again as the whip hit me. "-and I didn't have time to kill her. Security surrounded the area and I barely escaped."

Snoke was circling me, seething with anger. I have seen him mad, but this was on a whole new level. He paused in front of me. Using the Force, I was lifted off the floor and choked in midair. "Let me explain something to you once again Kylo Ren. You are weak and stupid like your grandfather. When he succumbed to the Light, what happened?"

I didn't get a chance to answer nor did I have the breath to.

"He was destroyed! His whole Empire crumbled beneath him! Is that what you want for the First Order? Do you want us to fail?"

Again, I couldn't respond for the same reasons. I did know I was getting lightheaded from lack of oxygen.

"The First Order will never fail, Kylo Ren. And we will prevail whether you lead the army or not!"

I was released and fell onto me knees, coughing for air.

"First you betrayed us when you released the traitor," Snoke growled. "Then you fought against your own army to protect her, and now you claim that you just coincidentally landed on Earth and she escaped?"

I heard the lightwhip get powered up again. Oh Force not another round...

"I am not the fool you take me to be. And I know all your secrets. Your love for her. Yes...I see your face now. Say as you wish, but I have already seen your thoughts. Don't fight it. You know it to be true."

I just continued to hold my head in shame, bracing for the impact of the weapon in his hand.

"Supreme Leader Snoke."

I jerked my head up. That voice. It can't be.

General Hux stood there with the stupid smirk and sneer of arrogance he always carried. Only right now he was twice as annoying because he wasn't even supposed to be here. "How did you possibly-"

"Survive the attack you made on my life? Yes, that. Didn't work out too well, did it?" Hux said, crossing his arms behind his back. "Like I told your girlfriend, I'm not just some officer in pretty uniform. Remember that." He rudely pushed me aside. I would've fought back but I'm too weak.

"Supreme Leader, the fleet is in position. It is time to engage the Resistance on D'Qar," Hux stated.

"Commence attack immediately," Snoke ordered. "I want that planet annihilated of any life."

Hux acknowledged with a small bow of his head. He spun on his heels, shot me a look, then marched out of the room.

"Consider this a stroke of luck for you," Snoke said to me. His lightwhip was returned to the inside of his gold cloak beside his lightsabers. "I will be needed on deck. But this punishment is not over."

He left as quick as he came. I let the breath out I realized I was holding and I bit my tongue from any cries that would come from the immense pain on my back. I didn't dare show weakness in front of all eight Praetorian Guards that flocked the throne room. I didn't trust them. They would probably tattle that I was "weak" to Snoke and thus my back would gain more scars.