Chapter 4

Summer POV

As soon as I opened my eyes the following morning, Kylo was urging me to get up. Well, that's not me. Just because he was up at the crack of dawn doesn't mean I need to be.

"Your new clothes arrived earlier and I want you to try them on before I have the droids make more for you," Kylo explained as he buckled his belt and slipped his gloves on.

He was just finishing getting dressed himself, like I was so far behind him. He wasn't even wearing his helmet yet.

"Why does it have to be right now..." I whined, giving my back to him. "I have all day to play dress up."

I was suddenly shoved off the bed onto the floor by a "gust of wind". Was this really necessary?

"Can you please stop Force-Pushing me?" I scolded as I stood back up.

"When you learn to be up at the correct time," Kylo fired back at me. "Now meet me in the bathroom. Your clothes are in there."

Why would he leave my new clothes in a room full of rubble?

I deeply sighed, annoyed, and reluctantly made my way into the bathroom. Kylo was holding up a dark garment bag when I walked in.

But what drew my attention was how everything was back to normal. The vanity was replaced as well as the medicine cabinet, and a new, larger mirror was also hanging on the freshly repainted walls.

I can't believe they managed to remodel this entire room in less than a day. Though with Kylo Ren, the construction crew were probably trained to work efficiently on such a short notice...

"Now the outfit may seem a bit complex but it's actually quite simple to figure out," Kylo said, unzipping the garment bag.

My eyes widened as I stared at the costume. It was black and had long sleeves with pants, as well as armor accessories. Leather gloves, high-rising boots, a belt with pouches for storage, and even undergarments were also included. Kylo wasn't kidding when he wanted the droids to use his suit as a base design.

I looked up at him, hoping this was a joke. "Is this what I really have to wear?"

His eyes narrowed. "What's wrong with it?"

"Nothing," I lied, not wanting to deal with his temper first thing in the morning. "It just looks so similar to your outfit-"

"So?"

"Which is not a bad thing," I said, trying to cover my mistake. "I just thought it would be a bit different, because then only you have that distinctive design."

Kylo hung the costume on the towel rack. "It's not identical. Your outfit will not have the flowing sashes like mine, or a hood, and it's layered differently."

But going from a t-shirt and shorts to this is not what I had in mind.

"This is all I have to offer, so I suggest you take it. You must comply with our dress code," he said, as if I needed to hear him repeat that again.

Kylo scooted past me and paused outside the door. "And if you need help getting it on, just holler."

I shot him a look. "Don't even go there. I know how to dress myself."

He shrugged, though a smirk was tugging at his lips. "Very well. But you can also call if you desire me for any other reasons..."

The bathroom door shut itself before I could go back at him. What a jerk.

I took off my old clothes and folded them nicely on the counter. I may have a whole new wardrobe coming my way, but I'm still not letting these go.