prologue

Hi, my name is Alexandra Cathros Hernandez Carter Rodriguez, I know long name well that's because of my father he's Latin; Italian Latin and Spanish Latin, so he gave me Cathros, Hernandez and Cater as middle names because they are past family names he wanted three children and give us each one but that never happened. I'm seventeen, I have bright blonde almost white hair; recently I've added an ice blue strip in my hair at the right side of my face and dip dyed the tips of my hair the same colour it looks so good, according to my dad I have the lightest icy blue eyes he has ever seen well that's what he said, lastly I'm 5'6.

I hardly have any friends that's if you count my dog sorry, I mean wolf Demon; my father rescued him on a hunting trip with his family three years ago they killed his mother not realising she had pups, so they brought him back and gave him to me for my fourteenth birthday. I personally train him, no one and I mean no one except for me can go near him he goes everywhere I go and if I so much as step outside the house he is by my side protecting me from everything, he so cute yet so scary; he definitely looks like a wolf, people stare in shock when I go on the mainland which has only been a few time in my seventeen years of living.

I also have my very own aquarium, a floating one which my aunt runs and owns. It is one of the best aquariums in America, my Aunt Sophia has a small office on shore so people know where to come for it, and they come out on one of the many boats we all own heck even I own one, and there is also an on sea water park attached to it so they can come to the aquarium and go to the water park as well. Now where was I? Oh yeah my father is one of the most powerful and richest gang leaders in all America, he is feared by almost everyone, also has an alliance with the government protecting him from any problems that may occur.

My father also helps out the police every once in awhile if there's a dangerous person on the loose; it also allowed him to get away with some things if he got into issues on the mainland. So me being his daughter, his only heir I'm left living on an island off the coast of California; it's nice that I live on a beach permanently but I have no friends; human friends that is my age. All the people I know are all my father's age and assassins assigned to protect me, so I'm constantly watched, my father thought it was necessary for me to be able to protect myself in any way I needed so he taught me every fighting move possible from straight up army training so I could build up some muscle to karate, boxing, kick boxing, taekwondo anything else you could think of and MMA fighting so I'm also a trained assassin too.

You're probably wondering why I haven't mentioned my mother that's because she was killed when I was two weeks old; When my mom was six months pregnant with me the island was attacked, my mom went into shock and then into labour, they quickly rushed her to the mainland and to the nearest private hospital, my dad says, she was crying not wanting to have me yet cause she was only six months gone and that the doctor told her she could die, a hour later I was born on the thirty first of October on all's hollow's eve at midnight; creepy isn't it, but before my mom could hold me I was rushed off to be put into an incubator and was strapped up to machines so they could help me breathe. I had to stay in for a while till I was strong enough, the doctors said it would be about three or four weeks possibly six before i was able to leave.

Two weeks later the doctors said was able to let me leave with my father next week my parents were overjoyed but that didn't last long that night my mother went to sleep in a chair next to me, dad had gone to sort out business i.e. gang stuff and somehow a man had crept into the room of sleeping babies and shot my mother; he was from my father's main rival gang, the loud bang of the gun set all the babies in the room off so he shot off without checking if my mum was fully dead, my father says, when he entered the room he saw my mother over the top of my crib stroking my face and it was then that he saw blood all over her clothes, she leaned in and kissed me on the head and gave me a locket; inside was a picture of my mother holding me and dad holding my mom that was the last picture ever taken of my mother, he said she looked at him with tears in her eyes and said in the quietest voice "I love you always, protect our little girl, but I'll watch over you both and guide you so you have the lives you both deserve, never forget I'm always by your sides" with those last words said to my father and me as a tear escaped her face, she closed her eyes and she started to fall to the ground, my dad caught her and fell to his knees with her in his arms, he told me that was the first and last time he ever cried. He tells me that story every year on my birthday and exactly two weeks on the day she died.

When I first was able to understand what happened I was about nine years old, after that Christmas and any other celebration season wasn't quite the same, my dad practically raised me, I was the only female living on the island, the cleaners were even men the only time females came to the island was when family get together's happened which was every seasonal celebration and a few dinner parties every couple of months. It was great, the good thing being raised by men is that I automatically stood up for myself and was confident in everything I do, the only weird part about being raised by men is any female problems is hard to talk to your dad about it so he ends up calling his sister in law my aunt Sophia; the one who owns the aquarium to come and help with things.

The reason my father is very protective of me is cause all his past generations have had only sons always, I'm the first female born from the Rodriguez family since the Rodriguez family began all the other females were married in and had only sons, my father Vincent being the eldest of six at thirty five, my uncle Romero thirty four, uncle Carlo thirty three, uncle Alessandro thirty two, uncle Aroldo thirty one and uncle Alberto thirty so I'm well and truly watched it's kind of creepy sometimes cause I think they watch me sleep at night. Once I asked my dad and he said I had cameras in my room which I made him take out immediately I was six; it was kind of funny having a six year old yelling at the most feared gang leader in America, I'm the only one who is able to yell at him and not be in trouble I am also the only one who scares him he says before me the only one who scared him before was my mother and that I got everything from my mother from looks to personality he said after mom died he was glad he had a daughter cause I'm just a mini version of her, which I'm glad about.