Chapter 1

Lexi's POV

The sound of my alarm rings through my room waking me from my peaceful slumber.

"UGH" I groan, as I wake up I turn myself round so I'm staring at the clock it was five in the morning.

I smack the top of the alarm switching it off, though I hit it a little too hard making it fall onto the floor with a 'thump' bolting up into a sitting position I take that time to rub the sleep from my eyes, turning to look at where the alarm clock fell, I lean over the bed and see it broken "oops" climbing out of bed and making my way to my walk in wardrobe, I ponder on what I want to wear before picking out a pair of denim shorts an oversized grey off the shoulder shirt and a pair of grey converse shoes grabbing the undergarments I needed I walk into the bathroom and take a shower.

Stripping down I hop into the shower; the hot water cascading down my body as I wash myself with strawberry and lavender body wash and the same scented shampoo and conditioner, 'I like strawberry and lavender I sounds weird but smells heavenly' after washing my hair I hop out the shower and brush my teeth I put on my clothes and blow dry my hair followed by curling it with the curling iron. After adding a little make-up I walk out my room and down stairs, as I reach down stairs I walk past the dining hall and I hear muffled talking causing me to freeze in mid step.

Placing my ear on the door I listen to what's being said "I'm not sure about this Carlo" okay what's uncle Carlo doing here and what's dad talking about I wonder "Vincent, this will be the safest option for her we'll be watching her on the mainland we all have eyes everywhere and she'll live in the mansion that is completely bomb proof" was that Romero are my other uncle's here too and who this she they're talking about "Vincent, this gives Lexi a chance to get to know people her own age, go to school also after school she can work at the aquarium, she's always likes going there trust me it will be fine" that was aunt Sophia; uncle Carlo's wife and there talking about me, it would be nice to go to school and meet people my age, I was brought out my thought by something nudging my leg. Looking down to see Demon my wolf I smile, now I can get dad to tell me with demon there it scares him shitless.

I stand up straight and put a cold emotionless expression on then I take a deep breath, shoving the doors open making them bang a little everyone's head swivels in my direction "Lexi" my father looks at me in shock "you're up early" I look at him, 'seriously dad' I think to myself, walking further into the room till I'm facing my father a few feet away I look at him and he gulps his eyes switching from me to Demon who is stood at my side.

"Care to explain why you are discussing me and why the entire family has to be present but me?" I ask and use my hands to gesture to my aunts, uncles and grandparents also sat in the room, he looks at the family as if searching for help I couldn't help but laugh 'nice one Lexi, most feared man in America and he's scared shitless of his daughter' I give him an evil glare and Demon growls "Okay, okay I'll tell you just keep Demon under control" I smile in glee at my win 'me-1 dad-0' I think to myself with glee.

Looking down at Demon, he looks at me; I nod my head for him to lay down in the corner and he walks to the corner, I turn my head and see everyone's shocked faces I look back at my dad and he mumbles "How the hell she can control that wolf is a mystery" I chuckle "It's because I raised, taught and protected him that's how I can control him" I speak he looks at me and shakes his head "Right I better tell you then shouldn't I?" I nod my head in agreement and signal him to start talking, this is going to be fun, the sarcasm in my thoughts was something i didn't think was possible.

Three hours later I'm back in my room with Demon and packing the essentials i needed to go to the mainland; make-up, underwear, laptop, iPod, etc., during that conversation my father told me about our most rival gang wanting to kidnap me for his son to marry 'ha yeah right, there is no way in hell I'm marrying anyone one I don't know especially an arranged one to a gang leaders son who could look like god knows what, plus I don't want to marry yet I'm only sixteen which I'm sure is illegal in most states' my subconscious tells me, great now I'm listening and talking to myself just for the record I have talked to myself in the past because I have no one to really talk to and I'm not psychopath so don't worry.