Chapter 16

Waking up I had instant pain in my head, climbing out of bed I make my way to the bathroom, grabbing some aspirin I look at my reflection in the mirror to see my eyes puffy and red, switching on the shower I strip off my clothes, under the scorching hot water I wash my body down with a cloth scrubbing every inch, my skin goes red with the heat but I don't feel anything, after washing my hair I stepped out wrapping a towel round my stomach, I walked out into Max's room, going to his wardrobe I pull out a pair of clean boxers with a kings of Leon shirt and a pair of his basketball shorts, slipping them on I tie my hair into a messy bun, slipping on my shoes I walk out his room and back to the main building, through the door I head to the kitchen to see Max and my dad eating breakfast, "morning" walking past them to get some cereal and a coffee, "Lexi, who's clothes are you wearing?" I turn too face my dad "Max's" he looks taken back slightly "okay where'd you sleep?" I knew where this was going so I thought why not have some fun "in Max's bed" I saw a look of anger in his eyes "I thought you thought of him as a brother" I smile "I do, he slept in the other room, and I woke up wanting a shower I didn't have any extra clothes so I borrowed some of his" he sighs in relief, "besides it's not the first time I've borrowed his clothes and slept in his bed" saying it like it was nothing.

Max decided to come back to the mainland, well sort of he wanted too but my dad also said I needed escorting in case something happened, I found it ridiculous but anyway.

Reaching the dock, I hop off the boat, tying it up, Max follows doing the back of the boat, walking up the dock we walk into the house.

I see that no one appears to be home, walking in I go to the fridge pulling out a beer from the fridge, I pull out my phone to see I have a few messages from, Lucy, Sam and Jacob, groaning I throw my phone on the table, "I can't deal with him right now" Max walks up to me wraps his arms round my waist, "who?" "The guy, I'm in lov- um I mean Jacob" he raises an eyebrow "you're in love with my brother" my eyes widen "no, no I'm not" shaking my head a little too quickly, "Lexi, I've known you for ten years ever since you were seven years old, I can tell" I sigh resting my head against his chest, "yeah well, his father wants me kidnapped and married to one of his sons, who I happen to like, why him why couldn't Sam have the family gang and not you" he wraps his hands round my back pulling me to him.

"I'm always here for you" I smile at him, "why can't I be in love with you at least then it will be easier to kill of get rid of them" laughing half-heartedly at it.

He also laughs "I knew you fancied me at one point" I laugh, "yep when I was little I had a major crush on you, but who can blame me the only other guy I knew close to my age was Aiden and he's my cousin" he smiles, "well I've always liked you growing up but I couldn't say anything one because you were way too young the other being that I worked for your father" my eyes widen slightly, Max's face grew closer to mine, he rests his forehead against mine, while staring into my eyes "what if something happens between us, like we date or something then either we get hurt and one doesn't come back or one of us find someone our own age what will happen to us, won't it be awkward?" He leans and kisses my nose, "then it will happen your like a sister to me even though I have feelings for you, also that there's nine years difference, but whatever happen I love you and I'm not going to let you go, when the times right you'll be with Jacob" my brows crease in confusion, "you think I'm going to end up with Jacob" he nods his head, pulling away from Max I walk to the fridge pulling out a beer I remove the lid and drink it in one before getting another, "he doesn't like me he was using me so his father can kidnap me" he stood his eyes gazing in a different direction, "where's your computer room" I look at him confused but show him anyway.

We sit as Max hacks into Jacobs phone, we pull up his messages, the recent one being sent to Joe asking about a phrase I said yesterday morning at breakfast, "I said that yesterday, but I was angry at what Jacob said, he looks at me "what did he say?" I huff, "I said I wasn't coming to school and that I had to do something he got mad so I kind of flipped out for him getting mad at me" he laughs "so where did you go?" "I found out where the gangs meeting place was so I went, when I got there I found your dad and brothers on stage, I got pissed, so I set some fire crackers off along with a grenade, don't worry no one got hurt" he nods his head before turning back to the computer screen, "judging by these messages he doesn't know about you being the Vincent's daughter so I think your good" I nod my head, "I hope your right" muttering quietly.