The Incident

"Hands up now!" I yelled at Parrish. I pointed the gun at him, tilting it to the side to intimidate him, but it didn't seem to work.

He smiled at me as he mockingly raised his hands, "Nice job, Stilovan?"

I shook my head at another one of his attempts to try and guess my actual first name.

"Stilinskikjfj?" He heaved out, I laughed that time, "I give up."

I put the practice gun down next to the others on the metal tray; I followed by taking off my protective lenses.

Parrish and I were currently in the shooting room, he was teaching me basic arrest skills to help me prepare for LEC, or as my dad calls it, Law Enforcement Camp.

It was a preparation camp for cop-wannabes to get them ready for the real training.

After my dad had proposed a spot for me at the station, I couldn't stop thinking of what it would be like to someday become a sheriff like him.

I loved helping people, and to everyone's surprise, I'm actually smart.

"So you heard from Malia lately?" I looked down at the mention of her name.

"No." I mumbled out.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, turning me around, "Hey," Parrish put his other hand on my shoulder as I faced him, "It'll be alright, you know she loves you."

Yeah, but do I love her?

I gave him a small smile as he left the room, leaving me to put the equipment back and shut the door.

Once I was outside of the station, I quickly made a beeline for Roscoe. It seemed that through all the gun shots, I hadn't heard the storm start, or realized that it was already nightfall.

I stopped in my tracks at an unlikely sound, slowly inserting my key into the lock as I listened in.

I heard it again, this time I unlocked the door and threw myself in.

I took in deep breathes as I felt my heart pound against my chest. I rushed to start the car, trying to get out of the lonely parking lot as fast as I could, but the person or thing making the sound seemed to have a different plan.

I tried and tried, but the jeep wouldn't turn on. Sitting in defeat, I looked up to be met by red glowing eyes.

"Scott?" I asked but the person didn't answer. Instead it got closer and closer to the car, until it was standing right next to me; the only thing separating us being the car door.

"Scott if it's you, you know the way man. Stop trying to scare me..." I said refusing to look to the side. From the corner of my eye, I could see the person moving their head hide from side to side. Twisting it back and forth.

I put my hand on the ignition again, try to turn the key as subtly as I could.

The car revved before I could stop it, earning a roar from the person.

"Look I'm sorry that I took your 20 bucks, I didn't think it'd matter!" I crouched down in my chair as I tried to further myself from the creature. "Scott?"

Silence fell, the only sound coming from the rain clattering on the roof of the jeep.

My heart began to race again as I awaited the boom. Once nothing came, I raised myself slowly up into my seat. The anticipation was unbearable, but the disappearance of the person, or creature, frightened me even more.

Was it really gone?

I looked around one more time, checking the side mirrors and the rear-view mirror.

Once I saw that there was nothing there, I started the car. This time the car roared smoothly through the rain, but still I couldn't move.

My mind wanted to go home and be safe, but my body wouldn't move.

I was stuck in my jeep in the middle of a storm with a murderous creature possibly 5 feet away. I couldn't see it, but something told me that it was there.

Finally after 20 minutes of sitting, my hands and feet relaxed. I slowly pressed on the gas pedal, putting my hands on the wheels.

I checked the mirrors again, only this time it was there. It was staring back at me, and before my body could even register a plan of survival; it was crashing through the window of my jeep.

It planted it's fangs deep into my neck, deep enough to turn me into something that I never thought I would be.

Something I thought I wouldn't want, but deep down dreamed of being.

~-~