A Work of Art

AN: Alright so most of the chapters so far have had some comedy, but they're mostly dark (like void Stiles😏). So I just wanted to make a happy chapter about the best of the best friendships to ever be present in this world. It is the one ship that everyone in the TW fandom ships, it is SCILES/O'BROSEY!! READ THE NOTE AT THE END

Flashback to 14 years ago...
It's August 29th, the first day of school.

Claudia Stilinski's first son was to begin school today. She had dressed him up in his favorite batman t-shirt, and given him his sheriffs badge.

She let him run to his father's office after he was all ready for school.

Claudia's son, Stiles, was only 4 and beginning pre-k. He had made it out to his parents that it wasn't a big deal, but she knew otherwise.

So as he snuck into the office, Stiles made sure to be on the tippiest of his toes. His body crouched and elevated, slowly strode to the large office chair that was facing the window.

Stiles smirked as he flipped the chair, "Ah ha! Huh?" The chair was completely empty.

Stiles slowly turned around as he began to search the room, "Now where did he... Ahh!"

"Got you!" Stiles father, John, had snuck up behind him.

He spun Stiles in the air as Stiles laughed and begged for his father to let him down.

John crouched on one knee, so he could be at eye-level with his son. He smiled as Stiles folded his arms, a pout forming on his small lips.

"Dad, " Stiles laughs began to settle as his father set him down. "Dad, it's not nice to scare me like that."

John laughed as his sun hit his shoulder, he pretended to be hurt, but soon stopped as he saw the panicked expression on his sons face.

He frowned as he ruffled his sons dark brown locks, only to have him urgently ruffle it back.

"Come on buddy, you know I'm alright." He knew that his son had frowned because of his job.

John was a deputy at Beacon Hills Sheriff Station. Two nights ago, he had come back with a dark bruise on his shoulder, one that his son had seen.

"Daddy, is it okay if I want to be a sheriff when I grow up?" Stiles held up the pinned sheriff badge.

John smiled down at his son as his big hazel eyes shined, "Of course it is Stiles, I want to you to have the world. You know I'd do anything for you right?"

Stiles nodded up at his father, "Yes sir!" He stood straight up as he saluted his father.

John laughed as he stood up, "How about this? After school, you can come to the station with me okay?"

Stiles nodded with a wide smile plastered on his face.

"Well we have to get there first. Come on you knuckle head, let's get you to school." John once again lifted up a shock faced Stiles onto his shoulders as they left the office for his first day of school.
~•~

"Ma-Me--" The teacher tilted her head in confusion as she tried to read Stiles first name.

"Just call him Stiles." Claudia sighed at the helpless teacher. Moments like this made her regret her Polish roots.