The Attack pt. 2

AN: Hey guys! This chapter is super long! ❤️ I'm asking for forgiveness in advance. You'll understand why when you read the end, but all I can say is that everything happens for a reason. You'll know why I did what I did later in the book. Okay, hope you like it! :)                                   
                          -A xox

~•~

"Stiles? STILES!"

I jumped at the roar, stupidly stumbling on my two-left-feet and landing face first on the floor.

I immediately stood up and tore the dirty shirt from my face, "What?"

"Stiles, wake up." Malia whined.

I gestured to my standing position before walking to the bathroom.

"Look Stiles, I know that we left things in a rough spot after--" I stopped in my tracks, interrupting  her before she could go any further.

She stepped back as she nodded, obviously things weren't really okay.

We defeated the Dread Doctors, great.

Everything is peaceful again, awesome.

Malia kisses some random guy at a party and tries get with me directly afterwards, heartbreaking.

Yet still to this point, I'm the bad guy, like I didn't get my heart ripped out of my chest.

Things between us weren't completely over when the kiss happened, but somehow I was the only one aware.

"Malia, it took a while to even be able to think one good thing about you, so please; don't."

"Stiles, I can't be fighting with you mad at me like this. It's not--"

"I can't do this Malia, so please just go."

She reached out to me, but I stepped away from her grasp.

For a second, her heart stopped, and she looked in pain. She looked as if she had just lost something, something deeply important.

"Oh, okay." Without another word, she was gone.

I sighed as I continued to get ready. Once I was ready, I walked out of the bathroom and into my room, only this time it was Scott who was waiting for me.

"What is wrong with you?"

I stopped to look at him, "Wha-What do you mean?"

"Stiles..." He said in a threatening voice.

"Scott--"

He shook his head, "Never mind, it's already 4 and everyone is waiting to go set up. We need to leave now."

I nodded as I followed him out to my jeep.

The drive was uncomfortably silent. I could feel and breathe the tension around in the small Jeep.

Or maybe it's just the fact that this jeep is almost 30 years old?

Nah, I need to get a new car air freshener.

Anyways, things weren't fine which meant that the plan would not go well.