❀Chapter 2❀

Jess
"What are you doing on the floor? Are you oka-", he was cut off by the shock of my injury.

"Oh my god, Jess, does it hurt? I'll get you home. No, I'll bring you to my house? Yeah, it's quicker. How much does it hurt? Can you walk? Oh god if someone did this to you I'm-"

"Luke, Luke, Luke! I'm okay. Sure it hurts a little but all I need is a little ice and I'm fine," I replied. To be honest, this hurts like hell. But I'm obviously not going to tell him that. It's one less thing I need on my plate. Luke worried.

"Here, let me help you up," He said, picking me up and throwing my arm over his shoulder as he did so.

"Don't worry. I got you. I won't let you go," he whispered to me. I smiled at how comforting he is. Luke has always been my rock. My shell from the outside world. Luke is my home.

A few blocks from where I fell we walked. It was silent but not at all awkward. A few groans from me from time to time, obviously because my leg is spitting out blood, but that was it.

"Home sweet Hemmings' home," he said, smiling at his house. It was quite big, white and grey everywhere. It wasn't dull, nor magnificent. It was basically perfect.

"Can you walk?" He questioned.

"If I just walked a mile and a half, and I'm still in one piece, do you think walking up 2 or 3 steps on a porch is difficult?" I respond, feeling confident. Being around Luke, is like being around a little puppy. You're the trainer, and he's the learner. He won't fight back at whatever I say, mainly because he knows I will out-sass him in .4 seconds.

He made his way up the porch, skipping mostly. He stumbled to put his key in the lock, and as he did so I started to hum the jeopardy theme song. He gave me a glare, and I just gave him the same look. He rolled his eyes, turning the key into the lock, and opening the door.

He came back down to the sidewalk in a flash, helping me up the stairs into his house.

"Do you want to lay down on the couch or my bed?" He asked.

I thought. Well, the bedroom is up the stairs, plus it's colder in there. The couch is closer, and in the living room it's warmer. I think I didn't even have to think about it.

"Couch please," I answered, limping over to the furniture. He rushed over to my side and in an instant, I had blankets on me.

"Oof," I murmured. He had put the blanket on my wound on accident.
Typical.

"Jess I'm sorry I'm just trying to help and trying to make sure you're comfortable an-"

"Hey, it's okay, just get it off of me please," I say, chuckling.

"Alright, um," he says as carefully lifts the cloth off of my leg.

"Better?"

"Much."

He ran into the kitchen which wasn't far from the living room, grabbing an ice pack from the fridge. He made his way over to me, punching the pack as he walked.

"Here. This will help the pain. So Jess, why were you, you know, on the floor," he asked shyly, looking at the ground.

"Oh. Well, I was running, then I um, tripped," I responded hesitantly.

"We established that you fell, why though," he said. I could tell he was starting to get frustrated.

"I was running, from, or should I-I say away from the hosp-p-pital,

"It's about your Dad, isn't it," he said softly, looking into my eyes.

I just nodded. I felt a hand on my face, wiping away a tear that I didn't even know that fell.

"Shh, baby, don't worry at all, it's gonna get better," He whispered.
This was all I honestly needed. Comfort. Safety. Love. And only Luke can provide that for me. I'm so lucky to have him. Truly, I am. I probably wouldn't be alive right know if he wasn't here with me.

"I'll take care of you. I'll always be there for you. Through thick and thin. I'll be your helping hand, when you fall. When you stumble down another road, I'll be your landing pillow. I can be your brother, I can be your temporary father," he told me with honesty in his voice. He stared at me waiting for some answer, but all I did was cry.

By now I was full out sobbing.

"Is that alright?"

I wiped my tears and gathered the courage to look at him. His eyes were the color you wanted your baby's room to be. Perfectly blue. The color you could swim in and never drown. And that was Luke. Luke is my everything. My ocean, my shield, my blanket that I've had ever since I was 6 years old.

"Yes, Luke. Everything is always alright with you."

And that was the day I knew Luke was what I was living for. My anything and everything.

--
(Hey ladies/guys/whatever.
How are y'all? I'm eh, because I just took my first final of the week. :-(.
But, I'll update as soon as I can, because the rest of school is half days. Talk to you's later. Don't forget to vote and comment. And remember, don't do drugs, unless you like them. And I love you all so much!)