❀Chapter 4❀

I felt like doing a double update today idk enjoy
--
Jess

"Do you feel any better?" Luke asked.

To be honest, I actually do feel a little better as of late. But what I can't decipher is if it was because of me laying on the couch for 25 minutes, or being in Luke's company. Now that I think I about it, Luke can cheer me, or anybody up for that matter, wherever he is.

"Slightly," I said, smiling a little for reassurance.

"Okay, that's a start, but can you walk?

"There's only one damn way to find out," I said as attempt to push myself off the couch, but horribly failing.

"Here, let me help."

He walked over to me, putting his hand on my back and pushing me up.

"That actually kinda sorta didn't hurt," I chuckle.

"Thanks," I stated.

"You are welcome, M'lady. Now, let's get you on your feet like a normal human being," he replied as he took my hand, pulling me up and now, I'm standing.

"I'll be right back, okay?" he asked, and I nodded.

I'm leaning on the door for Luke to come back, and I somehow overhear his conversation with someone on the phone.

"Hey, mate, do you know any good parties that I could, you know, go to? I need to get out of the house, and so does Jess," Luke said, rubbing the back of his neck while laughing.

"Okay, what's the address?" Luke asked the caller.

"Wait, don't tell me yet, hold on."

"Jess, psst, Jess."

I look up and I see a wild Luke motioning for me to come over to him. He looks like he's having a panic attack, and I giggle.

"Hey, get me some paper and a pen," Luke whispers loudly, and I go and find a receipt from Target, from when we went to go get water balloons for Ashton. His little sister, Lauren, well her birthday was last week, and we threw her a huge surprise party for her 14th birthday party. Sure, it wasn't as big as her 13th birthday party, but it sure as hell was awesome. Memories flashed back to me, like when Michael chucked a balloon at Luke's eye, and he fell, curled up into a ball, rocking back and forth. Refusing to get up of course.

I quickly grabbed a pen and the receipt, and walked over to Luke.

He took the piece of paper, and immediately started jotting down some address that I'm not familiar with.

"Okay, thanks, talk to you later, yeah?Bye, okay, love you too," Luke chuckled, hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?" I asked curiously.

"Calum, but get your shoes on Jess, we're going to a partay," Luke shimmied, striking a disturbing dance pose.

"Oh no, the light is closing in, ahhhhh," I joked, snorting on accident.

"Look who's the failure now," Luke said.

"Hey, you've been a failure since you were born, you have to admit it."

"I don't have to admit shit," Luke said sassily, opening and strutting out the door. This kid, I think as I shake my head.

Luke and I got into the car, and he drove for maybe 10-11 minutes to a big looking house. There were many teenagers laying out on the lawn, smoking and drinking, wasting the night.