Chapter 13

Luke's POV
-----------------------------------------------------
I have been in the hospital for a week now. Jess is in acoma and they don't know if she will wake up. I haven't left the hospital because I'm too worried about Jess. I'm just sitting in Jess' room scrolling through Instagram when her machine started beeping like crazy. I looked at Jess and she was breathing extremely heavy. I sprinted out of the room to find a doctor... which for being in a place full of doctors was very difficult to find. Once I finally found a doctor I brought them back to Jess' room where I was told I had to wait in the hall way. Hours later the doctors informed me that Jess went into cardiac arrest and she has a 25% chance of living. After the doctor left I went back into Jess' room I laid in bed next to her and cried...I dont think I ever cried so hard before in my life.
As I laid with Jess I told her everything I didn't say when I had the chance.
" Jess, I have known you since we were kids and I knew I was in love with you by the time middle school came around. It took me so long to tell you and I'm happy I did when I did. I wish I could take back everything I did to you because it was horrible and if I could trust me I would. Right now I know you're mad at me but please wake up please. You can't leave me like this I need you to come back so I can make things right between us, I know I can I just need you to give me the chance. Please Jess, I love kissing you, and I love hugging you, and I love being able to call you mine and I love how jealous you got when arz was around because it showed me that you truly loved me and that you weren't with me just to have someone so youd never get lonely. Jess, baby all I am asking is that you please wake up." After I had finished talking I heard a groan.

Jess' POV
-----------------------------------------------------
I feel pain in my body and I hear someone crying and talking and I recognize the voice, and at first I'm happy but than I remember what had happened and I'm very angry again. I listen to everything Luke is saying and I realize that maybe I should forgive him because he was extremely drunk when I got to his house and he was also thinking of me while everything was going down. After Luke had finished talking I groaned and rolled over to face him. He looked at me with puffy cheeks and a tear stained face and than he jumped outta my bed most likely assuming that I didn't want him next to me. He didn't speak so I decided to.
" Hi"
"hey" he hesitantly replied
" you can lay down its okay."
"i dont wanna make you uncomfortable especially since your probably still mad at me."
i smiled " its okay pretty boy i'm not mad anymore.'
he looked at me confused " youre not?"
"i mean am I still hurt? yes. but mad? no."
he looked at me with so much guilt "Jess I am so sor-"
" I know Luke so come sit and cuddle with me and we cna pretend it never happened okay?"
" Okay." he came and sat down and cuddled with me while we watched some Friends on the hospital TV.
" Lukey..."
" yes babe?"
"just know that if you ever and I mean EVER pull something like that again we are done. Got it?"
"Jess I promise i wont hurt you again and i also promise that i am going to make it up to you!" he smiled as he leaned in to kiss me.
I instantly melted into his touch, it was like i was under his spell but i also could tell that he was under mine. The kiss wasnt too long nor too short but it was filled with so much passion, it was truly amazing.
Days of Luke and I watching Friends later and my doctor finally said I could go home. Luke helped me pack all my stuff that he had brough for me and soon enough we were on our way home, but right before we left Luke went to the bathroom in my hospital room and pulled out a beautiful blue dress for me to wear. " put this on before we go."
"why?" i reply
" just do it and than you will see."
" okay..." i said skeptically
I put on the dress and we were on our way. It was a beautiful day outside and Luke and I were obviously not headed home but I didnt question him either. Once we had arrived we were at a beautiful park overlooking a beautiful lake.
" Luke this is beautiful but, why are we here?"
" You'll see in a second"
We walked to the grass area right before the lake. There was a whole picnic area set up with pictures of Luke and I from over the years and there was string lights and everything you could possibly imagine. It was amazing. Once we got to the picnic area Luke got down on one knee and he said
" Jessica Nicole Renolds, I have known you since we were kids and I have loved you since middle school and I know people say we are too young to know what love is like but I do know what love is like and I know that with you I will always have the true love that you read in the books or find in the movies! Even though this seems like a proposal, I promise you its not, This is me standing here telling you that I promise to love you forever and to never betray you like I did in the past. *pulls out an engagement ring box* Jess this is a promise ring and i want you to wear it and never take it off so that you will always remember my love for you and how i fall more in love with you everyday."
I am in tears " Luke i promise to reciprocate the signifigance and meaning of this ring to you! "
Luke kisses me and than he picks me up and spins around like all the cheesey happy couples do in the movies.
After we eat a bit of food Luke said he had to go to the car, so I waited for him to come back and when he did he returned with his acoustic guitar in hand. He looked at me and said that he had wrote a song for me while i was away in the states and its called 'wherever you are'. He began to play his guitar and sing.
" for a while we pretended
that we never had to end it
but we knew we had to say goodbye
you were crying at the airport
when they finally closed the plane door
i could barely hold it all inside
torn in two
and i know i shouldnt tell you
but i just cant stop thinking of you
wherever you are
you
wherever you are
every night i almost call you
just to say it always will be you
wherever you are
I could fly a thousand oceans
but theres nothing that compares to
what we had and so i walk alone
i wish you didnt have to be gone
maybe youve already moved on
but the truth is I dont want to know
torn in two
and i know i shouldnt tell you
but i just cant stop thinking of you
wherever you are
you
wherever you are
every night i almost call you
just to say it always will be you
wherever you are
you can say well be together
someday
but nothing lasts forever
nothing stays the same
so why cant i stop feeling
this way
torn in two
and i know i shouldnt tell you
but i just cant stop thinking of you
wherever you are
you
wherever you are
every night i almost call you
just to say it always will be you
wherever you are"

As Luke finishes singing I am full on crying from how amazing he is and how he has already kept his promise in so many more ways than one. I walk over to Luke who is putting his guitar away and as he turns around I jump into his arms and wrap my legs around his waist, he catches he and holds me up as we just look at each other.
"Lukeyyyy."
"Jesseyyyy."
" I love you so much pretty boy."
" I love you too baby girl." we shared a sweet and tender kiss before i asked,
"Do you wanna swimming in the lake?"
" I brought our bathing suits."
"okay lets go!"
we put on our bathing suits and jumped right into the lake. Luke went first than me and when I came up from under the water my giant who could stand in the water was holding me up so that i didnt have to float the whole time. Afte about and hour and a half of just swimming and hangning out with each other the sun began to set and Luke and I decided it was time to dry off so we could watch the sunset before we went home. The drive home was long and the whole way back i listened to 5sos' new unreleased album called Sounds Good Feels Good, and it is truly amazing. I look at luke admiringly as he makes a comment
" Take a picture itll last longer."
"fine maybe i will * snaps photo*"
"and posted" i giggle
" you didnt not" luke says jokingly
" its okay you look cute." i smile
" i am not cute i am punk rock" he states
" I hate to break it to you pretty boy but youre cute!"
"ugh fine only you get to call me cute"
" yep and thats because youre mine."
" mhmhmh... someones a little possesive."
"and youre not?"
"nope not at all."
"okay so you dont mind if i call cal than do you?"
"nope why would i care"
" *calls cal* hey calpal wanna come over Luke isnt possesive and he said he didnt care if i called you so you wanna come over and "hangout" if you know what I mean?"
"Jess, are you serious?" luke says with pleading eyes
"okay nevermind cal he changed his mind he is possesive after all *hangs up phone*"
" I am not possesive." he states again
" whatever you say pretty boy, whatever you say"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors note
---------------------
Hey everyone sorry its been so long since i last updated life has been a little crazy recently. This chapter took me forever to write but its finally done! Im not even sure if anyone is reading this anymore but if you are I really hope you enjoy! Thank you for all your support! I will start putting dates that i post chapters so you guys can keep track of how long it takes me to update! I love you all!!!
                                                                                                                                                                                        ~ February 12, 2019