❀Chapter 6❀

wow chapter 6 the story's just gettin' started woop woop litty titty
--
Luke
--
It took me a lot of courage to kiss Jess. She has always been a been a big part of my life and I can't see a future without her. Well, it looks like I'm going to have to start looking for one.

Jess is like a baby sister to me, but, a baby sister that also happens to be your best friend.

The fact that she has to move away from me, is unbearable. I can hardly withstand when she goes on a vacation, especially that time she went to Japan. That was a 3 week trip, and let me tell you, I was miserable. Jess is my only reason, the peanut butter to my jelly sandwich, the pillow to my bed, the strings to my guitar, the hazel grace to my- alright you get the point.

I love Jess. With all that I have, all that I am, she holds my heart. And the worst part is, she has no idea what I feel. She's completely oblivious, and I'm here watching her every move, wishing that I could hold her, tell her she is all mine.

But I can't.

She doesn't belong to me, she never did, and she probably never will. Especially, since she has to move. Away from me.

And I have to live without her.

How will I do this? How will I cope? How can I try? I have no fucking idea.

But all I know is that I have to make some type of move, or it least let her know how I feel about her. About us.

And now is all that I've got.

Kissing Jess, is like coming home from a long day at work, and arriving at paradise. All of my worries wash away, and I finally feel at home. Something I've never felt with anybody else. Jessica Rose Renolds is my home.

Jess
I pull away from the kiss, grasping for air. Did I just kiss my best friend? Do people usually kiss their best friends? Is that normal? I highly doubt it.

My emotions are swirling and swerving, consisting of shock, fear, anger, and pure bliss.

"Luke, what the hell?" I asked, attempting to stay calm.

"Jess, how long have we been friends?" Luke asks, taking my hand in his and rubbing it soothingly.

"You just kissed me, and now all you have to say is how long have we been friends?" I exclaim.

"Just answer the question," Luke said, his tone turning more serious.

"I don't know, um, I guess my whole life? All I remember from my childhood is with you, Luke. We we're practically besties since infancy," I chuckle, looking at the floor.

"You're right. Do you know the estimated time it takes for a flower to blossom when planted?" Luke questioned, staring straight into my eyes.

"No, I don't, why does this matter?" I ask in confusion.

"80 or 90 days, Jess. And I've known you, as you put it, 'since infancy'. And I think, 'since infancy', is a pretty damn long time. Do you know how much time a flower takes to bloom? 80 to 90 days. 80 or 90 days rounds to about 3 months. But I have known you almost my whole life. And what you and I have is, something special. And I, I just wanted you to know how I feel. I might never get the chance to do this, since you are leaving me," Luke explains, a tear sliding down his face.

I cup my hand around his cheek, wiping the tear, and rubbing his face soothingly.

"Luke, please understand this. If there was anything I could give to stay, I would give it in a heart beat. Just for you. But I have to go. He's my father Luke. If you were in my position, wouldn't you go with your father also?" I said, still rubbing his cheek.

Luke simply nodded. And I provided a whole hearted smile.

"Will we ever see each other again?" Luke questioned worriedly.

"I'm sure we will, Lukey. Have faith."

"You do know how I feel about you," Luke said, coming out more as a statement than a question.

I nodded.

"Do you, you know, feel the same?" Luke asked, hope appearing in his eyes.

"I don't know Luke. I mean, I'm leaving tomorrow for crying out loud," I stated, smiling, shaking my head and looking down at the floor.

"Don't lie to me Jess. I know you felt something during that kiss," Luke told me, lifting up my chin so I could see his blue eyes.

"I- I don't know what I felt," I said truthfully. I've never thought of Luke as more than a friend, but it's clear he's been thinking differently.

"Say something," Luke whispered.

Instead of saying anything I cupped Luke's face and smashed my lips into his, passionately kissing him.

This is what I want. This is how it should be. All I need is Luke, but I'm not going to be able to have him. So, I'm going to make our time together worth something.

I pull away, taking my phone out of my pocket and checking the time. My phone reads 11:34 am. That gives us about twelve hours before the day ends. And I'm going to make every second count.

"Luke, let's go somewhere, let's do something. Let's get out of here. I'm not going to spend my last day with you either moping in my room about how I'm leaving or kissing you," I quickly said, getting up and walking around my room in search of my wallet. Circling the room once, I looked under my makeup case and found it lying next to a picture frame of me, my mom, and my dad. Back when he wasn't chained to wires, and trapped in his own body.

"Just you and me?" Luke asked, his voice raising a little.

"Just you and me Luke. Today, we can be whoever the hell we wanna be. No rules, no bossy parents, no obstacles holding us back. Today, we are free. Just you and me," I told him.

The smile Luke gave me after I said my little speech arose fireworks in the pit of my stomach. I simply returned the favor, and we headed out of my room, down the stairs, through the door, and to be soon walking down the sidewalk of adventure that awaits us.
--
hey friends,, hope you all liked it, it least a little bit,, dont forget to vote and comment,, maybe even some suggestions :-)