❀Chapter 3❀

Jess
"Jess, it's high time that you and me go out and get food. I want food, and you need to go out. It's the perfect plan. Let's go," Luke stated, he was also whining.

"Lucas, I am incapable of walking, or better yet, doing anything of anything. I'm really not up to getting up," I said.

"Okay, fine. Then there is only one solution. I will bring the food to you, only because I am the most heroic, and amazing guy on the entire planet," Luke said, putting his hands on his sides and staring at the ceiling like he's some hero.

"Whatever, I don't care, Dr. Fluke," I teased. Actually, I don't know where that came from.

"What did you call me?"

"Dr. Fluke."

"That is now my mighty, magnificent, amazing super hero name," Luke said, doing the same pose as before.

"The only way you're getting into my super hero hall of fame book is if you bring me home my usual Chinese order from Little Japan, and I want 2 extra duck sauces for my roll," I said, putting my hands on my hip.

"Then you shall receive your food, m'lady," Luke replied, making horse sounds while grabbing his keys and phone. Then he was out the door in a flash.

"Back so soon?" I question, chuckling. I see a panting Luke leaning by the door,
probably 2 minutes after he left, catching his breath.

"I forgot to mention, if, you, need any, thing, call, me. Don't, worry, food is, on it's, way," he replied, catching breaths in between words.

"You got it Princess," I said, resulting in him sticking out his tongue. I stuck mine out, and he glaring at me in return, stepping out the door.

For the time that I had to myself, I went onto twitter, scrolling through my home page, and typing up a quick tweet after I got bored.

Jessiexrenolds24: @Hemmo1996 hurry up, I'm starrrrrrving.

Not too long after, I got a notification from twitter. I went on the app to see what it was, and I immediately smiled.

Hemmo1996: @Jessiexrenolds24 M'lady, I'm trying, but there is so much traffic I could vomit.

I typed up a reply.

Jessicaxrenolds24: @Hemmo1996 Do it in a trash can, if you must.

I heard a sound coming from the door, some struggling, a curse word, and same old panting Luke, except he had 2 big bags of Chinese food in his arms, and he looked like he was dying. Of course I knew this was only a natural routine, so I didn't move. Instead I asked a question.

"Do you ever get a break?" I ask, laughing a little.

"No, no I do not," he replied, putting the bags onto the counter.

"Well, dig in," he said.

"Luke."

I moved my hands up and down in the air towards my body, signaling that I can't move.

"Oh right, right. Okay. Like I said, I'd bring the food to you," he said, taking out the items, grabbing a platter, and putting my food on it, walking over to me. He was walking quickly, so he accidentally dropped the hot sauce, and since it was a glass bottle, little pieces scattered themselves everywhere.

"Oh, shit," he murmured.

"Liz is going to whip your ass," I said laughing.

"Can you just go get some napkins please?"

"Only because you're such a mess up."

I limped over to the table, picked up 3 or 4 napkins, and brought them to Luke.

"Fuck."

"Lucas, what did you do n- Oh shit," I said, looking at the glass that was injected into Luke's pointer finger.

"I'll get some paper towels and peroxide."

"That'd be great," he said, tilting his head back in pain.

I ran to the towels, grabbed the whole roll, went to the bathroom, grabbed the peroxide. Then I rushed back downstairs to the injured Luke.

"Look at how the tables have turned. The fun never ends, does it," I chuckle, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Never," he said, groaning as I put the peroxide onto the blood, dabbing it as it bubbled up.

"Look I'm sorry. I was supposed to be there for you, to take care of you, and I messed up, just like I always do," Luke explained to me.

Luke shouldn't have to take care of me. Just because I can't take care of myself doesn't mean he has to.

"Luke, you could never let me down. Ever. You are the damn best thing that ever happened to me. You're like a guardian angel to me. You and me, we will always be best friends forever. We are two peas in a pod, you and me. No matter how far, how wide. Just you and me, forever," I said.

"Pinkie promise?" He said, sticking out his pinkie to my face and I laughed.

"Sure. No matter how childish you are,"
I chuckled.

We interlocked our pinkies, and then this wave of relief washed over me, leaving me speechless. I can't imagine what my life would be like without Luke.

What a hell hole it would be.

--
A/N: I'm sorry you all had to read that crap, it was just to let you see into Luke and Jess' friendship, so you understand the rest of the story better. Don't forget 2 vote & comment, and I love all of you cotton headed nitty muggins'.