❀Chapter 7❀

Hey guys so i just wanna make a smol announcement. So i write the story in past tense, for example- 'said', 'worked', 'kissed', etc. So if i accidentally write 'exclaim' or 'say', dont yell at me. Or if you want to kindly comment 'hey you spelt this wrong', thats fine. I am going to edit/fix the mistakes that are in the whole story when its finished, and i usually do a final check when im done writing a chapter so bare with me. Also this might be a kinda long chapter. Thanks doods you're all awesome.
--
Jess
--
Luke and I roamed the sidewalk in a comfortable silence on our way to our destination. He occasionally bumped me on my side, and I said an occasional screw you. Of course, this is the Luke we all know and love, so he didn't like that very much. And of course, being Luke, he over reacted. To make it up to him, I bought him an ice cream cone. His favorite today was cookies and cream, considering it always changes. A few minutes after we left the parlor, Luke spoke up.

"Hey, where are we going anyways? I'm curious," He questioned, whilst licking his ice cream.

"Well, while you were busy picking out your ice cream flavor, since you always have a new one, I decided to look up some local fairs. And I found one about a third of a mile from here. So, we my trusted pal, are going on foot. To make it more memorable, of course," I explained, feeling responsible for taking matters into my own hands.

"I like the way you think Jessie," Luke said, with a mouth full of frozen treat.

After Luke make that comment, we continued to walk until we saw a sign up ahead, at least thirty feet tall that read, Come one, come all! Welcome to Sydney's National Fair! Enjoy!

"I feel at home," Luke chuckled.

I also chuckled as we headed into the park, admiring the rides and people as we went. We went to the ticket booth, purchasing our tickets and deciding which ride we wanted to go on first.

"You wanna go on the zipper? It's your favorite," he asked, excitement evident in the way he spoke. 

"Luke Robert Hemmings, are you actually considering going on the zipper? Last time I checked, you hated it. Hell, you couldn't even look at it," I replied, folding my arms on my chest.

"I'm making an exception, just today. Hear me when I say, never again will I ride this ride. Ever. I mean it Jess," he exclaimed, putting his hands up in the air in surrender.

"Fine, lets go, tough boy," I said as I grabbed his hand and led him over to the ride.

We handed the lady one of our ten tickets, and we entered a pod. At least that's what I call it.

"You ready?"

"Honestly? No," Luke replied, taking my hand and intertwining my fingers with his sweaty ones.

"Sh, you'll be okay, I promise," I whispered whole heartedly. That comment not only went for the ride, but for life in general. If I was in Luke's position, I wouldn't want to leave the house, eat, or do anything. But he knows what he has to do- make every second count. And that's exactly what he's doing. He put his own fears aside to not only comfort me, but also himself. What he needs is support, and I'll provide it with little time that I have, every step of the way.

Our pod started to rock, and we were being risen into the air, resulting in Luke gripping my hand tighter.

"You'll be okay," I whispered again, and Luke's grip loosened a bit.