10.

Mia yawned loudly as she entered the Young-Uley household

Mia yawned loudly as she entered the Young-Uley household. The female of the household poked her head around the corner, smiling at the tired brunette and beckoning her into the kitchen. "The boys went on a morning run."

"They do that often?" Mia wondered, moving to help Emily make breakfast.

The woman shrugged her shoulders, looking up at the taller but younger girl, "lately, Sam uses it as a way to train them."

Nodding slowly, Mia paused what she was doing, "can I ask you a question?"

"Always," Emily paused turning to face the brunette.

Mia stayed silent for a moment, glancing down at her fingers nervously, "When did you, uh, know you were in love with Sam?"

Emily smiled soothingly, the motherly instinct coming out, she began her task once again, "its not necessarily a certain moment." The female began. "First you notice the little things they do that make you happy, then its the things that make you realize you couldn't live without them."

As Emily spoke, telling all the moments she realized she loved Sam, Mia found herself thinking of Embry and every little thing he did. She found herself smiling lightly at the thought of his laugh and the way his eyes crinkled as he did. The twinkle in his eye when he was happy something she always wanted to see. She recalled the little things he did when he was nervous, like rubbing the back of his neck and scratching at his cheek lightly. The way his hand always seemed to fit perfectly with hers, and how his voice always made her comfortable.

"You might not know right away," Emily stated, a knowing smile on her lips. "But when you do, it'll be hard to forget."

"I told him I didnt want to be in a relationship," Mia stated after a few moments of silence besides the chopping of the potatoes Emily cut. "I basically told him it would never happen."

Emily nodded, "Sam told me." She explained. "Embry couldnt help replaying it in his mind when he shifted, so the boys all saw it "

Mia clenched her jaw, hating that she was now worried about how she looked in their eyes. Embry was changing her, and she didnt know if she liked it. "They all must think I'm terrible." Sighing the brunette sat at the table in the kitchen.

"No," Emily disagreed. "They understand where you are coming from. The boys know you, Mia. They grew up with you. Everyone in this town knows how your parents are. They understand why you feel the way you do."

"Yeah, I guess they fucked me up bad huh?" She forced a smile, although it never reached her eyes.

"It seems like you've changed your mind though," Emily stated, stepping away from the dangerous topic of Mia's parents. They all knew the topic angered the female and had been trying to avoid getting her angry the past few hours. "You think you love him?"

Mia shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know what love looks like. I never had a great example of it. But I might," her voice droped to a whisper. "He makes me happy. When I'm with him, its like nothing else matters. Like my parents aren't riding me about some guy they want me to get with. Like my best friend wasn't in a coma. Like everything would be okay."

Emily smiled knowingly, "You know that sounds a lot like love."

Mia shook her head stubbornly, "How is that love? How is that being in love?"

"Theres a difference between your love for Embry and your love for Grace," Emily began. "With Grace you would do anything to protect her. You would take on anything. But with Embry you could take on anything, he gives you the strength to do so. He keeps you safe just as much as you keep him safe-" Mia snorted at that one, looking up at Emily like she was insane. "You do. He might not need it but you do. You love both of them. You just need to decide if you are in love with Embry."

"And I'll know when that is?" Mia wondered.

"You will," Emily agreed.

------------

Hours later Mia and Embry laid in her bed, watching tv and talking lightly. Her parents had disappeared again, leaving the female alone once again. Yet this time she didnt feel alone, she had Embry and the pack beside her. She laid sprawled iut on the queen sized bed, Embry's tall frame beside her.

"I worry I cant help it," Mia stated. The two were talking about Grace. The female was being held in the hospital for another week, which was good for them it meant she was safe during the fight. Although Mia still worried about the blonde, scared something would happen and she would lose her best friend for good this time.

Embry was trying his hardest to get her to realoze that nothing would happen. That Grace would be safe in the hospital, and that the brunette herself would be with her. "Nothing is going to happen," he stressed, shifting to lay on his side.

Mia watched with silently, wishing there was more she could do to protect Grace and help the pack. She just wanted them all safe, but she knew that wouldnt happen until the vampires were taken care of.

Mia fear for any of them to get injuried, her mind forming images of Embry dying. Her heart ached at the thought, the breath in her lungs disappearing entirely at the thought of him being gone. She could only picture a boring grey world without him. One that she never wanted to encounter. Once she feared she would encounter.

Her heart beat rapidly as Emily's words from earlier seemed to go on repeat, "then its the things that make you realize you couldn't live without them."

She realized silently that she couldnt live without him. She didnt see the possibility of continuing on without Embry at herside. She ached just thinking of him not being there. She was his. She had told herself silently that she would never be his, but as she laid there beside him, she could only realize she was his. One hundred percent his.

And maybe he was hers.

Maybe she had been wrong in thinking she would never need a man to make her happy. Maybe she was wrong in thinking she could never love Embry.

Truly though, there was no maybe about it. She knew she was wrong. Especially as she laid there, her eyes locked with his. The twinkle in his eyes something that made her smile.

She knew she was in love with him. Just like she knew she couldn't be without him.

The silence around them shattered, a breathtaking smile falling on her face as she shifted till she was sitting up.

He could only smile up at her happily as she wispered the four words he had been waiting not-so-patiently for. It didn't matter that in a days time they would be going neck to neck with their enemy. It didn't matter that it wasnt a romantic moment. All that mattered was each other and the love in their eyes.

As the words lingered in the air, the two relaxed in a perfect sync, their bodies molding together as she curled into his side, clutching onto the fabric of his shirt. Her head laid on his chest, her ears picking up the steady beating of his heart, a content smile on his lips.

"I'm in love with you."

3 Chapters left.