05.

Two days later Mia found herself staring at her parents bored

Two days later Mia found herself staring at her parents bored. The two had entered the home not long ago, smiles on their faces as if they hadn't been gone for a month and a half. "We've found the perfect boy," the smile on her mother's face annoyed her beyond belief.

"Not happening," Mia stated, moving to go pass the two.

"You will do as we say Mia Renée Harper!" Her father stopped her, his grip tight on her forearm.

"I'm not meeting or dating or marrying any jackass you try to set me up with." Yanking her arm out of her father's grip, Mia hissed at the pain that radiated.

"You have no choice! He's coming for dinner tomorrow night and you will be here." Her mother spoke up, moving past her daughter and towards the kitchen.

"I won't be here, I have plans." Mia answered, rolling her eyes annoyed.

"Cancel them," her father stated.

"Not happening, I'm not changing my life Just because you guys want to suddenly be in it again-"

"You will cancel it!" Mia cowered away slightly, the fierce knocking on the front door keeping her father from doing anything else. Shaking slightly, Mia moved quickly to open the door, almost breathing a sigh of relief at the sight of Embry. The male held flowers-sunflowers, her favorite- in his hands, a slightly worried look on his face. Even though she was still angry at him, Mia saw this as the perfect opportunity to get away.

"I'm going out," Mia called over her shoulder, ignoring the shocked look on Embry's face and the angry yell from her father. Grabbing the shocked boys hand, the brunette hurried out of the house, slamming the door shut behind her as she dragged Embry away. "Let's go." She stated, placing her self in the passenger seat of his vehicle. The boy nodded, staying quite as he drove away from the small house. He headed to the beach, the female exiting the vehicle as soon as he came to a stop.

"What was that?" Embry questioned, standing behind her slightly. The two were facing the ocean, the female hugging herself tightly.

"That was my parents trying to control my life and me using you as a reason to get away from it." Mia stated, not removing her eyes from the horizon.

"You're still mad," it wasn't a question, the answer was loud and clear as the brunette refused to look at him.

"I'm disappointed, " she spoke moments later. "I've spent my whole life listening to lie after lie, I though I had finally found someone besides Grace that wouldn't lie to my face."

"I had no choice," Embry moved to her side, his hand resting on her arm as he tried to get her to look at him. "We aren't allowed to tell anyone anything Mia, if I could have told you I would have."

"Does Grace know?" She questioned. "About vampires and werewolves."

Embry hesitantly nodded, "Paul told her a few weeks back. Before prom."