11.

She couldnt remember what caused it

She couldnt remember what caused it. She couldnt remember what had made her so angry that her whole body began to ache. A pain so gut wrenching wracked through her body, sending the brunette to the floor where she curled up, a cry leaving her lips. The pain was over whelming before it suddenly disappeared. Mia looked around confused, her eyes sight better than it had ever been before. She could smell Embry and hear him, the male was making his way towards her in a rush. He slowed to a stop in front of her, holding his hands up.

Slowly the female stood up, confused as she still was near the ground. She jumped as she realized she had paws, fur covering them completely. Panicking the female looked around confused, not understanding how this was possible. She didnt have Quileute blood in her, as far as she was aware at least. She moved around quickly, whimpers leaving her wolfs lips as she tried to understand why this had happened. Emrby watched her with worry, his lips moving as he tried to speak with her and get her to calm down. Mia couldn't hear him though, her mind busy with a hundred-thoughts per second. 

Embry could only watch her confused, as she freaked, her wolf jerking around in circles and whinning as she tried to make sense of everything happening. He wondered how it was possible, as far as they knew Mia didn't have an ounce of Quileute blood in her. Her father had moved to the town when he was a teenager, just like her mother did. Niether of them were Quileute. So how was Mia a wolf? Although now, as Embry watched her he realized there was numerous differences between the shapeshifter wolves and the wolf currently in front of him. For one she was tiny, her body only coming up to his mid thigh, similar to a real wolf. Second her thoughts hadn't entered his mind when he had first heard her distressed screams. He had ran as quickly as possibly in wolf form towards her, phasing back and slipping on a pair of shorts before he finally saw her. It was the first time he had not had a bunch of thoughts bombard him when a new wolf shifted the first time. Lastly, her scent was different than his, something that confused him even more.

It seemed to take hours before Mia had worn herself out, laying on her side in the middle of the forest floor. Her wolf was whimpering, as Emrby finally approached the female, wishing he hadn't waited. "Mia?" He whispered softly, moving till he was sitting beside the small grey wolf. She lifted her head slightly, looking at him sadly, "do you want to know how to shift back?" She whined slightly, a huff leaving her wolf lips before she looked away from him. "Just imagine your human self. Imagine your legs and arms, your face and ever aspect about you." 

Mia laid silently, imaging herself before she felt the pain. The shift was slow, the female curling tight into a ball as she fully phased into her human self again. She felt a blanket lay over her, the female holding it closely to herself as she set up fully. "I don't understand why?" She whispered, looking up at Emrby. She froze as her eyes met his, numerous different things flashing before her eyes that only made her smile. She could see herself, what appeared years down the line, beside Embry, their eyes focused on something in front of them. Two little ones played in front of them-a little boy with dark brown hair and bright blue eyes, and a little girl with bright golden locks and hazel eyes. When the image changed it was a different time, Mia could tell clearly that she was older, and this time she was watching Embry play with a little girl with light brown hair and dark brown eyes.

"Mia," Mia stared at him with wide eyes, her heart beating loudly in her chest. She felt a pull, her body subconciously shifting closer to him. "You imprinted on me." His voice was a whisper, a happiness in his eyes that made Mia happy. 

"I think so," She shifted slightly, clutching the blanket tightly as Sam and Jared walked into the clearing. 

The two wore matching smiles, though Sam's was more of a serious smile, while Jared began to joke, "Not another female! Now I have to listen to both you and Emrby rant about the other!" Embry blushed, standing to his feet when Mia looked at him with an eyebrow raised. 

"Let's just get back so Mia can put some clothes on." Embry spoke, rubbing the back of his neck as he shifted his wieght back and forth. He moved to help Mia as she began to stand, the female raising an eyebrow as she looked at him. 

She side stepped him carefully, looking up at Sam, "how is it possibly I shifted? I don't have Quileute in me."

Sam shook his head, "maybe the edlers know something, or your parents might know."

Mia scoffed, shaking her head as they all began the walk to Sam and Emily's house, "because it's so easy talking to my parents." The female walked carefully, keeping her grip on the blanket. "My parents won't tell me anything. All they will do is bug me about some boy they want me to date and eventually marry so I'll be rich and they can live off of me." Emrby was at her side, grabbing her hand that wasn't clutching the blanket. He knew the topic of her parents was a sensitive one. 

The walk was silent the rest of the way, the group lost in their own thoughts. Each of them were trying to process what exactly was the reasoning behind her shifting. Sam had his own theories, theories he could only imagine how angry they would make the newest female to his pack. A part of him wondered if her mother had been faithful to her father, maybe she hadn't been. If that was the case, who her biological father is is a mystery just like Embry's biological father is. He needed to speak with the elders, and they needed to speak with her mother. They needed to know why she was smaller, and why she had a different scent to her than they did. 

They all had a woodsy scent, with an undertone of their individual scents. While she mainy smelled like her individual scent, with a very faint scent of the earth. It wasn't a major scent difference, but it was enough to make them confused. 

These things needed to be figured out, and fast.

_____________________________________________________________

"You think I can fight now?" Mia wondered, looking up at Embry annoyed. She wanted to help, always had, and with her recent phasing, she could. If they would let her. Which judging by the look Embry was current;y sending her, she wouldn't be fighting. "oh come on," The female sighed loudly, "I'm a werewolf now, I can actually do things."

"And get hurt?" Embry raised an eyebrow, stepping towards his imprint till there was little to no space between them. "Not a chance. We are sticking to the plan, you are staying with Grace, your new found ability doesn't change a thing." 

Mia groaned annoyed, shooting him a glare as she stepped away from him, "I can do it. I'm not incapable. I'm not a damsel in distress. I can actually help and protect myself." She was set on her request, a determined look in her eye as she watched her imprint. 

"Protecting Grace is more help than you think," He explained, watching her as she watched him. He could see the look in her eye, the determination on her face and in her stance. "Do you realize what could happen to Paul, knowing his imprint isn't protected. It could distract him. You being able to phase helps him because he knows shell be protected no matter what. He's more at ease now knowing you are a wolf than he was knowing you were just going to be hanging out with her." When she signed, crossing her arms and shifting her wieght. "I will feel more comfortable, not to mention if you were actually there I would be distracted." He knew it was wrong, trying to guilt trip her into staying with Grace. But he also knew it was the only way she would eventually agree.

"I hate when you make valid points," She muttered, droping her arms as she sighed loudly, irritated. She knew how deadly being distracted could be, especially when fighting against vampires. A single moment of not being fully aware could result in a vampire getting their arms wrapped around them, a single movement and they would fall to their deaths. She didn't want to be the reason for their death, even if it meant sitting out on something so important.