09.

As it got closer to the fight, Mia grew more frustrated along with most of the wolves

As it got closer to the fight, Mia grew more frustrated along with most of the wolves. They knew they had to do be there for it, Sam had made it official with his alpha voice when they had first complained. But that didn't mean any of them actually wanted to be there. They could care less about Bella, even if she was a close friend to Jacob. Most of them couldn't handle her whiny nature, or vampire smell. It might not have been a strong smell but they could faintly smell the leaches on her.

Paul seemed to be the most upset about it, the closer it got to the day he grew angry to the point he spent most of his time in wolf form. They all knew it was a combination of his worry for Grace and his hatred for vampires that was causing him so much anger, and they knew there was nothing they could do to help him. He wouldn't be calm until Grace was okay. The longer she spent in a coma, the angrier he grew.

Mia understood his anger, the female found herself having to take deep breaths numerous times throughout the day to calm herself down. She didn't understand why she was so angry, she couldn't recall being this angry in the past. But as it grew closer to the fight, she grew more angry. Which caused Embry to be worried out of his mind.

It was a never ending cycle really. Once Paul burst in anger, Mia snapped in anger and Embry worried for his imprint. Everyone was growing frustrated, trying to deal with each others emotions on top of preparing for the fight.

"Its bullshit," Paul stated, glancing back at Mia. The male was sitting next to Grace's bed, holding the blondes hand and keeping his eyes on her. "Imprints are supposed to be first. But they won't let me stay with her."

The brunette stood against the wall behind the male, watching her best friend as well until he spoke. She could hear how upset the male truly was over everything. It was no secret that the male turned into putty for his imprint. "You can't change it now." She signed loudly, pushing up off the wall. "I wish I could change it. I actually wish I had beat the shit out of Jacob when he agreed. I dont know why it didnt cross my mind." Shaking her head she continued. "Anyway, Ive gotta go meet Embry, dont forget about training tonight."

Paul rolled his eyes annoyed, raising his hand slightly before rubbing Grace's hand. The male began to speak softly to his imprint. Mia listened to him for a moment, the sweet words he wispered made her smile. His promises of a future made her happy for her best friend.

With a smile on her face, Mia exited the room quickly making her way out of the hospital and to first beach. She smiled as her eyes landed on Embry, the male watching the waves as they crashed onto shore. "Hey," she spoke, coming to a stop at his side.

"Hey," he pulled her into a hug, before the two placed themselves in the sand, watching the grey clouds as the rolled in. Winter was wrecking havoc on the area, the mountains already covered in a thin kayer of snow. The female knew it would only be a short period of time before there was snow covering the rest of the ground.

"Are you nervous?" Mia wondered, leaning into his side slowly. Once again she was thinking about the upcoming fight. A thousand different outcomes were running through her head. Yet in every single one she found someone getting hurt.

"Not really," Embry answered with a small shrug. "A tiny part of me is worried, but more for you and Grace and the rest of the imprints. Im worried for your safety."

"You need to focus on yourself," Mia stated quietly. "If you worry about us, you could mess up. It could be fatal." She couldnt understand what she was feeling at the thought of losing Embry. It was crushing and overwhelming and the most terrifying thing she could think of.

"These vampires are messing everything up," Embry stated, frustration in his voice. Sighing softly, Mia moved so she could rub his back, trying her hardest to calm him down as he got worked up.

"It'll be over soon," she whispered, laying her head on his shoulder she continued to rub soothing circles on his back. She felt content, sitting beside the male for hours, the two just watching the waves and clouds roll in. The bitter wind did nothing to their heated skin, the two comfortable in each others presence.

The ding of her phone confused the female,  the brunette not expecting anybody to be calling her anytime soon. Pulling her phone from her pocket, her eyes wixening at the name on the screen. "Impossible." Embry looked at his imprint at her whisper. His eyes widened when he saw the name as well.

"Hello?" Mia answered the phone hesitantly, confusion in ber eyes.

The voice on the other end of the phone was raspy, tears filling Mia's eyes as she listened to them speak. Suddenly things didnt seem so terrible. Maybe just maybe things wouldnt be so bad in two days. Maybe they could actually win this fight with little to no injuries.

"Its so great to hear your voice again," Mia smiled happily.

"Then why wasn't my best friend at my bedside when I woke up?"

Laughing happily, Mia couldn't form any words, only one thought running through her mind.

Grace, her best friend, is finally awake.