06.

She wasn't exactly pleased with Embry at the moment

the moment. She stood next to him, her eyes trailing over the large house in front of her. The house was mainly glass windows, this allowed everyone to see the mass of teens dancing to the music blaring in the air. The male had dragged her out of her house, telling her she needed a real excuse to get out of the dinner her parents were planning. The male didn't tell her what the plans were, but now as she stood in front of the house she knew exactly what they were doing and she wasn't happy.

"Really?" She stated, looking at him annoyed. Jacob and Quill laughed slightly, sharing amused looks as Embry opened and closed his mouth like a fish, clearly having no response for the girl. "Are you serious right now?" She questioned, eyeing him annoyed.

"Sorry?" He couldn't seem to get anything else out of his mouth, annoying the brunette as Jacob and Quill headed into the house. Groaning in annoyance the brunette followed, leaving Embry to catch up the them.

"At least I can get drunk," Mia muttered stepping down the stairs behind Jacob. The male seemed to immediately spot the pale girls he was looking for, making his way to her as the boys followed behind. Mia stood by the stairs watching the three males. Embry and Quill could only look around awkwardly, Mia laughing slightly. Jacob spoke with Bella, giving her a gift that she seemed to love. Although it was hard to tell with her lack of facial expressions. Mia watched as Bella seemed to focus on someone behind the her, turning she found Alice, one of the Cullens with a lost look in her eyes.

Confused Mia made her way towards Embry, watching as Bella made her way to the female. The females shared a look before moving towards a different room, the three wolves and Mia following silently, catching the last of Alice's words, "They'll be here in a few days."

The brunette found herself in a room away from the party, the rest of the Cullens not far from her. She shifted uneasily, knowing these people were the same creatures that caused her friend to be in a coma. As if reading her thoughts, Edward looked towards her with sympathy in his eyes, "We don't drink human blood." He told her, Embry tensed, moving till he was slightly in front of her.

"You still drink blood," Mia stated, shifting from behind Embry with a roll of her eyes. The female stood with her arms crossed, eyeing the group of model-like individuals.

"We understand your hostility," Carlisle, the head of the Cullen household and the doctor who was looking over Grace, spoke up. The Brunette stayed silent, leaving the group to continue to the matter at hand. Her hand found itself wrapped around Embry's arm, her body sticking close to his side for comfort. She may have been upset with him, but he was still one of the only people, beisdes Grace, that she felt comfortable next to.

"How long?" Edward questioned looking to his sister for clarification.

"They'll be here in four days." Alice answered.

"This could turn into a blood bath." Mia shifted further towards Embry.

"Who's behind it?" Edward questioned.

"I didn't see anyone I recognize." Alice explained, shaking her head. "Maybe one..."

Edward looked at her, "I know his face. He's local, Riley Biers." Glancing up at Embry he catches her eye, giving her a tiny smile. Sliently he told her that he would explain everything later, earning a tiny nod from the female. "He didn't start this." Edward added.

"Whoever did is staying out of the action." Alice stated.

"They must be playing with the blind spots in your vision."Carlisle nodded.

"Either way, the army is coming" Jasper said. "and there aren't enough of us to protect the town."

"Hold up. What damn army?" Jacob steps forward his eyes hard as he looks between alk the vampires in the room. The four clueless ones waited watching as Edward and Carlisle shared a look.

"Newborns. Our kind." Carlisle answered.

"What are they after?" Embry spoke up, pulling Mia closer to him.

"They were passing around Bella's scent. A red blouse." Alice explained, looking at Bella.

"They're after Bella?" Embry questioned, the silence answering his question. He shifted in annoyance, feeling his imprint at his side and calming him down. Yet at the same time it made him even more upset, because she was here and involved.

"What the hell does this mean?" Jacob questioned.

"It means an ugly fight. With lives lost." Carlisle answered, a heavy silence falling over the group. Jacob looks back at his two best friends, sharing a silent conversation.  

"Alright" Jacob looked back at the group. "We're in."

Mia looked up at Embry shocked, shaking her head she opened her mouth to speak when Bella beat her to it. "No. You'll get yourselves killed, no way."

"I wasn't asking for permission." Jacob stated. 

Bella opened her mouth to protest, turning to Edward for help," Edward."

"It means more protection for you." Edward said, watching his girlfriend closely.

"Jacob." Bella tried again.

"Do you believe Sam will agree to... an understanding?" Carlisle wondered.

"As long as we get to kill some vampires." Jacob answered with a shrug of his shoulders.

Carlisle  turned to Jasper, "Jasper?"

"They'll give us the numbers. And the newborns won't know they even exist. That'll give us an edge." Jasper explained.

"We'll need to coordinate."

"Carlisle, they'll gonna get hurt." Bella tried again.

"We'll all need some training. Fighting newborns requires knowledge that Jasper has. You're welcome to join us." Carlisle added.

"Name the time and place." Jacob stated with a nod before turning to leave.

"Jake... You don't know what you're getting yourself in to." Bella tried again, moving after the four as they moved to leave.

"Bella... This is what we do. You should be happy. Look at us, working together. You're the one who wanted us to get along, remember?"

-------------------------

Mia walked alongside Emrby, the two at the beach as they walked. The brunette was silent as the walked, ignoring the looks Embry was sending her. "Im worried." She told him, finally, she looked up at him her hazel eyes meeting his brown ones. "You are going to be fighting newborns, Carlisle and Jasper said these kind are worse than normal Vampires. They are faster and stronger. "

The two came to a stop, Embry stepping in front of her, "this is what we were made for Mia. Our one job is to protect people from vampires. We were made to be faster and stronger so we could fight any kind of vampire we come across. Nothing bad is going to happen."

Mia shook her head, "You dont know that though. Em, this is an entire army of newborns coming at a small group of you. And theres not even a single confirmed count of how many of them there are. There could be hundreds, they could over power you all." The brunette moved forward, hugging Embry tightly in worry. "I dont know what i would do if something happened to you." Mia whispered hising her face in his neck.

Embry hugged her back, just as tightly, "nothing is going to happen." He assured her. "I'll be back for you, I promise." Pulled back the man chuckled, "you are kind of stuck with me."