five; the night before

Hell.

That's how I would describe the last twenty four hours of my life. The bite Kali gave me was still fresh on my side, Isaac found out about Scott's feelings for me, and Derek was dead.

Luckily, with the whole Scott thing Isaac was fine with me, but it was even weirder now talking to Scott with Isaac watching us.

"How's the bite?" Boyd turned around asking from the seat in front of us.

I lifted up my shirt and saw the wound still freshly opened. "Alpha wounds take longer to heal."

"Yeah but we're all healed up," Isaac says. "I'm still kind of new with learning all the werewolf stuff, but does a bite from an alpha do anything even when you already got the bite?"

I've honestly never heard anything like that. I don't think it would do anything though.

"Listen I'm fine. All the stress and exhaustion is getting to me," I lean my head back on Isaac's shoulder and close my eyes.

THE DAY BEFORE

I've seen different looks on Isaac's face: happy, sad, funny, curious, and angry. But this, this was something different; I couldn't even make out what emotions he was feeling.

"Are you okay?" I asked warily setting my book down.

Isaac rubbed his hand over his face – lost for words. He kept opening his mouth and then closing it.

I was starting to get annoyed with this, but then he finally spoke. "I threw Scott into a wall."

So that's what I heard down the hall; I thought something just fell so I ignored it.

"What? Why?" I stand up suddenly.

"Because just before summer he admitted his feelings to you," Isaac paces around the room. "Why weren't you going to tell me about Scott?"

I sighed, "Because I knew you would've been pissed at him – as shown you threw him into a wall."

"It just made me so angry you know? I trusted Scott, and he knows how much I care for you!"

I take Isaac's hand in mine, "I love you okay? Just don't throw him into a wall again please."

Isaac chuckled, "Okay that was a little extreme. I forgot to ask, but has he tried to make any moves on you?"

My face went pale and that's when I saw something snap behind his eyes. He went for the door, but I stopped him.

"Do not hurt him," I warned Isaac. "He's still one of my best friends."

"Yeah well he isn't mine anymore."