eighteen; connections

*10+ comments for next chapter. none that say 'update' please. thank you!*
__________

Stiles sat on the couch next to me with that same nervous expression. He hadn't uttered a word since he came in the house. "You okay?"

"No," Stiles mumbled right after I asked him. "Something told me to come here and before I knew it I was at the doorstep. Kayla, there's something going on with me and I have no idea what it is."

He looked me right in the eyes and I could see the pain and horror in them. It was a wild guess, but I had to see if it was true. "Stiles...have you been having like blackouts? Nightmares? Like they seem so real and they're not."

Stiles slowly nodded his head. "Every damn night. I also can't read; when we went to save Malia, Lydia stepped on one of the traps and I couldn't read the instructions to disable it. She could've died because of me."

I placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a sorrowful look. "How about we go to Melissa and see if she can figure it out."

We both got up and went to the door, but Stiles stopped me. "There's one more thing I need to tell you."

I turned around to him and waited for Stiles to speak. "This morning I went into the school and saw that the atomic numbers I wrote on the board spelled out Kira. Then, I wrote in my handwriting and it was the same exact thing. Kayla, I gave Barrow a clue on who to kill. That's why he kidnapped Kira."

The similarities were so obvious between us. The urge to kill someone (or in Stiles' case make someone else do the job) were evident, but I needed to make sure this was a fact and not a theory.

"Lets just get you to the hospital."

____________

"I told Scott about all of this," He told me as we walked up to the hospital. "He didn't think I wanted to kill people, but you're agreeing with me when you haven't seen any evidence; why?"

I sighed and decided to tell him the truth. "I've been experiencing those same things. I think my 'dark side' is trying to take control of me."

Stiles nodded and didn't utter a word. We walked up to the front desk and talked to Melissa. As he was talking to her, I noticed Stiles started to get teary eyed. I placed a hand on his shoulder and comforted him, this shouldn't be happening to him. He's just human.

"Stiles. Are you alright?" Melissa walked around the desk and up him.

"I - I don't know. I guess...I guess not really," He shakily said.

Melissa told Stiles to follow her and I waited in the waiting room. I took out my phone to pass the time and saw no texts or calls from Isaac. I hadn't seen him all day since he went with Allison to her apartment. My heart told me that Isaac was just there helping out, but my mind kept showing me the image of the two making out.

I stood up when Melissa came back into the waiting room. "How is he?"

"He's just sleep deprived," She informed me, but I knew it had to be something much more. "I gave him a sedative so he'll be out for a while. You can go home Kayla, if you want to."

"Actually, I'm going to check up on Isaac. Call me if anything happens," Melissa nodded and I walked out of the hospital and into my car.