seven; electric shock

"What the hell are you doing in my bed?" My eyes slowly opened to see a confused looking Melissa next to me.

I sat up and pointed to the floor. She gasped and shook her head.

"I wasn't sleeping on the floor," I told her.

Melissa rolls her eyes before looking at Scott and Isaac. "Boys!"

They both shoot up from sleeping and looks around. I take the covers off of me and walk over towards them.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Uh we were watching over you," Isaac answers.

"We wanted to make sure you weren't the third sacrifice," Scott says.

Lately, two doctors in the Beacon Hills hosptial got killed with the same tactic used on all the other sacrifices; leading us to conclude that they were going after healers or people who help others next.

Melissa looks at us, "But all of you were asleep."

I raised my hand, "I had watch from 9-12 then I was out. You were on watch last Isaac."

"What are you talking about? Scott was on watch last."

"No," Scott shakes his head. "You were on watch last."

Isaac nods and scratches the back of his neck, knowing he's wrong. "I might've been on watch last."

"My heroes," Melissa says sarcastically. "Didn't you say they were all doctors? I mean, I haven't had an M.D recently attached to the end of my name so I think I'm in the clear."

Scott walks over to his mom, "Yeah but it could be under any kind of healer, Mom, and you were definitely a healer last night."

"Yeah well I'm not going to be anyone's human sacrifice today, so all of you get your butts to school."

_____________

"Go back to school," Derek calls out to us as we enter his apartment.

"Actually we can't. Boyd, Kayla, and I are incredibly and unbelievably sick," Isaac says.

I could see Derek sitting on the stairs. "With what? Brain damage?"

"Well I have a migraine, Boyd here has explosive diarrhea–"

I cut off Isaac, "I hate you for what you made up for my excuse."

Isaac laughed and Derek looked at us, "Do I want to know?"

"No," Boyd and I said in unison.

"Anyways, we're here to protect you," Boyd says.

Derek starts to descend the stairs. "You're here to protect me? Well, I'm in trouble then."

"Excuse me Mr.Negative, but Boyd here came up with a plan," I cross my arms and look over at Boyd.

He places his bag down, "Yeah I though about the time Gerard had me and Erica locked up. Tied up with electrical wires pushing current through us. I was wondering how we could do something like that..." Boyd takes out a bunch of wires. "But on a bigger scale."

Boyd goes over to the hose and starts to let it fill up the floor. I had to admit, this idea was brilliant.

"In a pool of electrified water, it can take up to 50 milliamps to kill a normal human," He explains to us. "Less than a power it takes to turn on a light bulb."