twenty one; the crazy ones

*5+ comments for next chapter. none that 'update' please. thank you!*

____________

"Are you serious right now?" The car door behind me slams shut as I walk up to Stiles and John. "Eichen House? Mr.Stilinski are you really–"

"I decided I wanted to be in here," Stiles cut me off. He stepped forward and placed his hands on my shoulders. "I can't hurt anyone else. You're in too deep with him, he will use you for anything if we continue to see each other."

I backed up a step, "Are you saying we can't be friends anymore?"

"No no no. That's not what I'm saying," Stiles shook his head. He motioned for his dad to give us some space, which he did. "Kayla I don't want you getting hurt. If your blood got on my hands, I would literally go out of my freaking mind!"

"How long are you staying here?" I asked, not making eye contact with him.

He sighed, "72 hours."

John came back over to us and patted Stiles' shoulder. "We better get in there before it closes."

Stiles nodded and brought me in a hug. "Don't let the darkness take over Kayla. If you never find out, just – please never let me out of here."

He pulled away before he could change his mind and walked up the steps. I didn't expect to cry tonight, but I was letting a few tears slip right now. I kept re-thinking my decision about bringing Scott, but I knew he wouldn't let Stiles go on with his decision. Eichen House was a dangerous place where only psychos went; I couldn't help but wonder if I should've put myself in there.

_____________

"I'm not going."

"Yes you are. We need all the help we can get."

"Scott."

"Kayla."

I walked back into my room, trying my hardest not to yell at Scott. "I'm not finding this Japanese artifact with you."

"Why not?" Scott groans, leaning on the door.

Because I'm a threat to everyone is what I wanted to say. I had to tell someone else about my relapsing of dark and good. Maybe Scott was the right guy to tell.

He walked up to me and carefully takes my hands in his, "Whatever's going on, you can tell me. I've known you forever Kayla, we should be able to tell each other everything."

"It's my grim reaper side," This was it. I was telling Scott what was really happening. "The nogitsune is using it against me; he wants me to work with him. I've seen Stiles in his 'void' state and it's creepy. I don't know if I can control being like this much longer, and I'm afraid if I try and help you go against the nogitsune, he'll make me hurt you."

Scott doesn't say anything at first, but he still has his hands in mine. I looked up into his eyes and I could tell he wanted to help me so badly. He had already lost Stiles (which he found out about Eichen House this morning) and he didn't want to lose me.

He moved his hand up to my cheek with a delicate touch. "I can't lose you too."

His head lowers a little, his eyes closing. Scott leans in...wanting to kiss me. I clear my throat and back away from him a little.