twenty two; dynamic duo

*5+ comments for next chapter. none that say 'update' please. thank you!*

note: this episode is all flashbacks so after the first scene in this, it'll go to the last scene of this episode and into the very beginning of the next episode.

____________

"Get up."

My eyes slowly opened as I saw Stiles hovering over me. I was confused as to why he would be here, but the look on his face told me he wasn't Stiles; the nogitsune was in power now.

"What do you want? And how did you get in here?" I whispered sharply. Scott could walk in at any moment; my cover could be blown at any moment since Scott thinks I'm still myself.

"No questions, just get up," Void Stiles demanded.

Luckily, I was just taking a nap so I was in my normal clothes. I got out of my bed and followed Stiles out of the house. He led me to the school and into Mr.Yukimura's room.

"What are we doing here?" I asked as I slowly walked behind him.

His head turned back to me. "Just follow my lead."

We walked into the classroom while Mr.Yukimura was filing his papers. "Coming in on a Saturday. That's dedication. Where's she hiding them?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," He answers Stiles. His eyes then travel to me. "What's Kayla doing here?"

Void looked back at me, telling me this is where I'd be going along with the plan. "I'm just keeping Kayla for a while; I need her for...things. I want those knives."

Stiles continues to search as he drops books on the floor. "Daggers. I know what they are." He picks out a book and looks at it. "Physical representation of her tails; however the hell that works."

"Maybe you'd like to do some reading on it," Mr.Yukimura was really good at hiding his fear. "I can guide you to the Japanese myths section in the library."

"No no no. I want it from you," Void starts to slowly walk up to him. I wanted to run and protect him, but something was holding me back. "The older the tail, the stronger the oni. Am I right? I know there's one left. I know it's the strongest."

"Unfortunately I don't know what you're referring to," God I wanted to strangle him right now because–shit. Why did I just think that?

"You'll talk," Stiles lifts up a book and a fly buzzes out and goes into Mr.Yukimura's throat. "They always talk."

____________

"I wish there was a way to get Stiles to shut up," Void groaned as he rubbed his temples. "He keeps yelling at me to let you go, but does it look like I give a shit about his opinion?"

I sat on the couch across from him. My phone continued to buzz in my pocket as Scott kept calling me. "True alpha boy keeps annoying me too."

Stiles leaned forward at the mention of Scott and smirked, "Ah the epic love triangle. Scott loves you, but Isaac also loves you; who will you ever choose?"

"Isaac's almost dead, Scott's up my ass all the time, I don't need a man in my life right now." When my phone rings again, I throw it against the wall.

"There's a soft spot for both of them in you Kayla," Void stands up and walks over to me. "But the real question when Isaac wakes up – which he will – who will you choose? Because in all honesty, you never really forgave Isaac for kissing Allison. You still hate him for it, but you knew you'd be working for me sooner or later, so you took him back."

I wanted to yell at him and say it wasn't true...but it was. Even though I didn't want to admit it at the time, I still hadn't completely forgiven Isaac yet. Then with Stiles saying the stuff about who I'd choose, it would be Isaac, but this is who I am right now. I'm not innocent little Kayla anymore.

"Now," Stiles stands me up and walks me towards the door. "Time for everyone to find out who you really are."

____________

We were waiting in Derek's loft for a while, Stiles saying they would be here in any minute. I waited impatiently, crossing my arms and leaning against one of the pillars.

"This is boring," My head falls back in annoyance. I walk back over to Stiles and stand next to him. "Can we leave because–"

The door to the loft creaks open as the huge door is pulled open. Sheriff Stilinski stands there; his face turns into confusion once he sees me.

"Hi dad," Stiles calmly says.

He starts to walk forward, holding his hands out. "Listen, I don't know if my son is here or not, but Kayla doesn't deserve this. Just...let her go."

"I want to be here," I speak up which causes the Sheriff to place his hands on a pair of handcuffs he brought. "Oh are those supposed to scare us?"

Just then Chris, Derek, and Allison walked into the loft. My blood boils when I see the brunette who kissed Isaac. She holds up a stun gun at us, but before she can shoot, I knock the gun out of her hand. Her eyes widen when she sees my eyes go completely black. My hand makes contact with her cheek and a large 'smack' sound echoes throughout the room. "Send my love to Isaac."

Derek takes his turn and tries to attack Stiles, but he easily throws him to the ground. Chris cocks his gun to Stiles, causing me to go in front of him to protect him. However, Stiles puts me behind him. "You're not getting hurt," He whispers to me.

John also pulls out his gun and aims it at Chris, "Put the gun down."

"Someone grab me some popcorn," I laugh as I see the two bicker about Stiles. "Hm, I think John should pull the trigger first."

They continued to argue and I knew this was what Stiles wanted. The sun was going down and it was starting to get dark in the room.

"Stop it!" Allison shouts, finally catching on. "This is what he wants! This is exactly what he wants."

Stiles smirks, "Not really. I would've liked Scott to be here, but I'm glad your guns are all out. You're not here to kill me."

The Oni then come through the window, Stiles and I backing up behind everyone. "You're here to protect us."

The Oni pulled out their swords and started to attack them. Stiles nudges me and pulls me out of the loft without getting caught.

"That was such a thrill," I exclaim – mainly referring to slapping Allison. "We need to do this more often."

Stiles laughs. "Good, because I'm planning on keeping you for a while."

_____________

i feel like this chapter was bleh, but kayla put allison in her place👏🏻 this book is also coming to an end, there's like 3 more episodes left!

make sure to vote and comment