Chapter 1- Rainy Day

Nothing To Give But Love- An MJ FanFic

Second story on Wattpad! Yaay! I hope you guys like it. TELL ME HOW IT IS

xx

Cold. Rain. Alone.

Yet another day in my box.

Imagine not having eaten for days, your parents dead, your education gone, homeless.

Well, except for my box.

I managed to snag a clean pair of jeans from the store down the street. I lay in them, crossing my legs in the most comfortable way possible.

I miss how it feels to have an actual home.

My head pokes out of my box and rain thumps against my face.

Drip, drip, drip.

I sigh and shield myself again, pulling an old blanket over myself.

Eventually, my head nods into a deep sleep.

My flashbacks are getting more vivid. This time, it was my fourth birthday party. My parents crowd around the cake and cheer as I blow out my candles.

My mom's sweet voice, my Daddy's kind eyes.

Gone forever.

All because of a drunk driver.

I walk up diligently and tears spill from my eyes.

Pull it together Alondra. It is what it is.

I try to reconcile myself and peek out from the box again.

The rain has slowed to a drizzle. I crawl out to the open and stretch my body in any way possible. I'm nineteen and crouching in the box is giving me serious body pain.

I direct my gaze to the KFC across the street.

I look down at my stomach and hear loud grumbles. If I could just have one piece of chicken..

I turn out my pockets. Not two dimes to rub together.

I decide to wait for my rummage through the garbage cans, there's a lot of people milling around at this time of day.

I sigh as the sky grows darker and darker, my fear rises. I've almost been raped twice, and it happened when no one was around. I just wish I had someone's protective arms to hide me from the dangers of the world.

I hear the patter of light rain on my box. Its been raining all day and I had no chance to look through the garbage cans; the police would've ran me away.

I guess I'm going on an empty stomach for day six.

I shift my body in an upward sitting position, and then roll my head to the side in sadness.

I should just end it..

Tears welling up. Shivering. Probably sick.

The same routine, nothing to look forward to.

I slide down and turn to the left, closing my eyes tightly. Sleep would be pretty good right now..

I feel a light tap on my shoulder.

My first thought: Danger, rape. Not again.

I scream as loud as I can and flick the hand from me.

"Get the fuck away from me!" I yell, thrashing and kicking.

"I'm not here to hurt you." A soft but stern voice says. Its too dark to see their face, but I know it's a man.

I've heared it all before, I just want to help, don't be afraid!

No. I will be fucking afraid.

"No!"

I bet I've shaken the whole neighborhood with my screaming, but nobody will come to my rescue. I just know.

"Stop struggling!"

He takes a hold of my arms, pinning them to me and climbs on top of me.

"No, please!" I yell.

"That's not what I want! I want to help," his voice has a soothing nature to it, which makes me slow down my thrashing until it comes to a stop.

When I stop, he quickly gets off of me.

"Dang girl, you really put up a fight."

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Just a resident in the area. I thought you might be hungry so.."

He pulls out a box of fried chicken.

Yes, heaven.

I grab it from him and devour it quickly, leaving nothing in the bucket. Yes, I ate the bones.

"Thank you.." I say, waiting for him to say his name.

"Michael. And you are..?"

"Why do you care? I'm homeless." I blurt.

He crouches down beside me and I can finally take in his features. Set jawline, chocolate skin, gorgeous eyes, sexy hair..

He's beautiful.

"You're human, are you not?" He asks.

I nod, still amazed by his beauty.

"Well, every human deserves care. I'm glad I helped." He says.

"Yes, thank you again."

Take me with you? But I know that's too much to ask.

"I'll check on you again tomorrow." He says.

With that, he turns around and strides back down the corner.

He's coming back.

xx

Joy