Chapter 7- The Ride of Love

Chapter 7

We reach the Ferris wheel and Michael sets me down gently. I look up into the sky, gulping with fear at the height of the ride.

"Come on sweetheart, it's getting dark. After this we'll see a movie in the theater." He says.

I nod, unable to speak, causing Michael to give me a weird look.

"Alondra, are you alright?" He asks.
I look over at him, taking in his beautiful features. His curls are set atop his head, being blown in the wind. His light warm skin is glowing, his face set with concern. My heart starts thudding at his effortless beauty.

"Let's just get on the ride," I say softly.
He carefully takes my hand in his and we get on the ride. Michael helps strap me in before strapping in himself.

Michael gives a thumbs up and the ride creaks to a start.

I gasp and pull myself to him, my heart stricken with dread. I start thinking that I'm going to fall to my death, feeling paranoid.

"Are you scared?" Michael raises his eyebrow at me. I refuse to meet his eyes and shake my head firmly.

"No, of course I'm not scared. It's just a ride," I say matter-of-factly, but feeling the exact opposite inside.

I notice Michael's smirk in the corner of my eye and I look up at him directly.

"Okay, then. Hey, stop the ride!!"

Michael calls and the wheel jerks to a hard stop.

I make the stupid decision to look down and I scream loudly. My feet are dangling down and a shiver runs through my body.

"Michael!" I pull him to me once again; I can feel his chest shake with soundless laughter.

"Sweetheart, it's okay. I knew you were scared though," he says softly, wrapping his arms around me.

Suddenly, he plants a kiss on the corner of my mouth and I gasp at his forwardness. I turn my head to him and he presses his lips to mine while stroking my cheek.

My first real kiss.

The ride starts up again and we finally reach the ground. During the time I can't stop blushing. That moment, that kiss, was so amazing. The best in my life. And when it's Michael, it means even more.

"Movie theater?" He questions. He looks happier than before, and I think it has something to do with the kiss. Oh, who am I kidding? It was because of the kiss.

"Sure, Michael," I say, gazing at him.

Damn, I can't get over his looks. Of course it's just a bonus because his personality is everything.

He slips his hand around my shoulder and we walk together in silence. Not an awkward silence, just peace.

--

We arrive at the theater and there are
animations lighting up, dancing popcorn and soft drinks smiling at us.
"What do you want to watch?" Michael asks.

I shrug. "Whatever you want," I say smiling. He returns the smile and grabs a DVR from his pocket.

Surprised, I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Looks like you came prepared," I say giggling.

"Yeah, I guess I did." Michael replies.

"Whatcha got?" I ask. He shows me the DVR he has. It's Peter Pan. I gasp and look up at him, covering my mouth.

"What?" He says, confused.

"My dad and I watched this movie all the time. We had Disney movie nights and this was our favorite.." I trail off, reminding myself not to cry.

Michael's arm loops around my waist and he kisses my hair. "Well now you have someone else to watch it with, because it's my favorite too," He replies.

I give him a smile and we walk into the dark theater. I don't like the idea of Michael replacing my father, but I know he's only trying to make me feel better, and for that I'm grateful.

I sit next to Michael in the front row, reaching in his lap for a bucket of popcorn. Obviously, we're the only ones in the theater, and then the movie starts.

Throughout, we talk, scream, laugh, and blush at parts with Wendy and Peter Pan.

When the movie is over, I yawn loudly, getting up to stretch myself out. I look over at Michael and he's fixing his curls. I giggle as I help pat them down.

"You look fine Michael," I say. It's blatantly obvious that he was a very gorgeous man. He shrugs and sighs, holding my gaze.

"Ready to head home?" He asks. I nod and this time I take his hand, leading him back.

"That movie was amazing, and so was the whole day. Thanks for everything, really," I thank him as we walk back to his house.

"Don't even mention it sweetheart."
We reach this grand double front doors and Michael slips they key from his pocket, unlocking the door.

"Ouch, my feet ache terribly," I groan, collapsing on the nearest sofa. He replicates my actions and glances at me.

"Want me to give you a foot massage?"

I start laughing but then realize that he was being serious. "Oh. Well, sure," I say, positioning my foot on the table.
Michael gets up and starts squeezing and rubbing each foot. I sigh with pleasure and he looks at me and smiles.

"That feels sooo good, I don't feel much pain anymore." I say.

"Good. Remind me to buy you some shoes tomorrow," He replies.

"Michael, you don't have--" I start, but he puts a finger to my lips, cutting me off.

"But I want to. Now let's head to bed." He whispers.

I nod my head and together we clamber up the polished steps to Michael's room. I feel so comfortable here now, and it hasn't been long since I met him. That's a good sign.

We collapse on the bed, clothes and all, me too exhausted to take them off. I turn over and Michael is already sleeping soundly.

"Goodnight my Wendy.." He softly murmurs. I give a small smile and turn out the lights.

"Goodnight my Peter Pan."

~~~~~~~

Chapter 7! How was it guys? I can't think of a chapter name right now, I will go back and add one in. But comment your feedback, and title ideas for this chapter. Thanks for reading and voting 💕

-Joy