Chapter 41- Dangerous

Chapter 41

There is definitely something up with Michael. Bill picked us up with the limo, and now we're on the way to LaToya's house.

Michael looks like he's done wrong. But what wrong could he have done? All he's done is visit his injured sister in the hospital, and now going to carry out a favor for her. If anything, he's doing good.

I look over at him and ask, "Baby, what's the problem?"

He quickly shakes his head. "I'm fine."

This is what annoys me. He gets upset when I hide things from him, but he does the same to me!

"Would you just tell me?"

He hesitates. Why? Is there a lot that he's concealing?

"I'll tell you soon. I'm just not ready."

I sigh in irritation. There is absolutely nothing that I haven't told him. I've spilled my whole heart to him, and yet he still can't tell me what's bothering him. I could help.

I turn my head and gaze out of the window.

"Are you mad at me?" I hear him ask.

"No."

And that's the last word that's spoken in the car. The rest of the ride is silent.

--

It's a long thirty minute ride when there is no conversation. My boyfriend is being distant with me, and he is literally the only person I have. It hurts.

The limo halts in front of the house. Michael opens the door for me and takes my hand.

He knocks three times on the door. It opens after some time.

An older man opens the door. Not too old, but definitely much older than I'm sure LaToya is.

"LaToya sent me here to grab something."

"Not even a hey to your friend?" the man asks, stepping aside for Michael and me to come inside.

"We aren't friends Jack."

So this is Jack.

Not to be rude, but this is LaToya's fiancé? Not that I know her, but I really wouldn't expect her to be with him.

"Sure we are! Your sister and I are in love, so we should get along." He says.

"I know love, and you both aren't in it." I can't understand why his voice is so harsh. I don't think it's right to judge LaToya's relationship like that.

I follow Michael up a set of wooden steps.

"Don't you think what you said back there was a little harsh?" I question.

"You would think so, because you don't know what's really happening." He answers as we walk into a bedroom.

"Then why don't you tell me?" I say, exasperated.

He stalls, sauntering over to the bed and picking up a stuffed animal that looks quite old. Then he meets my eyes. He looks almost helpless.

"Alondra, Jack is.."

But he is cut off as the door to the bedroom flies open.

"Turn around!" A deep voice orders as our backs were toward it.

Michael takes me into his protective arms and spins around to face Jack pointing a handgun at us.

Fear does not come close to describing what I feel. I sense that even Michael is slightly shaking.