Chapter 21- First Day

Chapter 21

The next morning, I wake up to Michael softly kissing my neck. I open my mouth but no words come out. My eyes still feel heavy from sleep.

"It's still early. Go to bed." Michael says softly. I want to tell him that it's hard to sleep when he's caressing me, but in fact in was easier.

I sigh and turn my head, still feeling Michael rub my stomach and then nuzzle my nose. I smile and sleep takes me for a little while.

When I finally wake up, Michael isn't in bed. I look at the clock which reads 6:38. My classes start at 8:00.

I throw the covers off of me and walk into the bathroom. I squirt some mint toothpaste on my toothbrush and start to clean my teeth. Halfway through, Michael comes in and wraps his arms around me.

"Hey," He says. I lean down to gargle the water in my mouth and spit it out, finally allowing myself to speak.

"Hi Michael." I say, turning around to face him. He grabs a towel for me to wipe my mouth and then kisses me.

"Are you ready for today?" He questions. It is then that I feel nervousness coming on.

"Yeah, I am." I say. He raises his eyebrows.

"You're nervous." He says shortly. It's my turn to raise my eyebrows.

"Are you some type of psychic or something? How did you know?" I say incredulously. He simply shrugs.

"I don't know. When you know someone, you can tell exactly what they're feeling by their expression or the way they talk. That's what happened with you."

"Oh," I say. Something about that terrifies me. I don't want anyone up in my head, even if it is Michael.

"Why weren't you in bed?" I ask curiously.

"Oh, just working on a few things." He answers evasively.

I don't press him about it because frankly, I don't have the time. I look at the clock that now reads 6:47. I need to hurry.

"Well, I'm going to take a shower." I say, thinking this would shoo him away. Instead, he walks closer to me with a smirk and runs his fingers across the hem of my baggy shorts.

"Feel free to invite me to take one with you." I blush scarlet, to which he chuckles.

"I'll take that as a no," he says. I shake my head and push him out of the bathroom, closing and locking the door.

Even though we've made love, I feel so weird and insecure when I'm unclothed with Michael. But I don't blame myself. Getting comfortable around him is definitely something that needs time.

I step into the shower and turn on the shower. The water creates a cascade that rains on my now wet body. I use ocean breeze bar soap and rub it all across my body before lathering some strawberry shampoo in my long hair. I wait for the shampoo to settle in while I wash off the rest of my body. Then I squeeze out the water in my hair and step outside. I notice I forgot to wrap a towel around my body. Thank heavens I locked the door.

Going into my connecting closet, I pull on some undergarments and for a California day in May, I feel like it'll be pretty warm. I grab the outfit I laid out yesterday and slip it on, getting a satisfied and comfortable fit. I pull my hair into a ponytail and take one last look at myself before heaving my book bag on my back and descending the stairs.

I feel a smile tug on my face as the smell of breakfast becomes stronger with every step.

"I made you breakfast," Michael says from the stove. He's frying some eggs.