Chapter 59- Peace

Chapter 59

Unknown's POV

"So do you think it worked?" I ask her.

I picture Tatiana shrug as she answers indifferently. "He probably had a meltdown. Then the little bitch must've comforted him."

I sigh and rub my face with my hand.

"Look, let's get real. We can't ruin them," she says.

"We need to keep trying. Don't you hate the fact that the man you love isn't yours?"

She doesn't reply.

"Don't you?" I ask again.

"Yes, I despise it. And the fact that he was mine. I let him slip away," she whispers.

"Alright, enough emotions. If you want him back, you'll do something about it. Right?"

"Okay, okay. I'll think of something."

"Good. Call me back when you do," I say, and a wide smile comes across my face. "I have a feeling it won't take long to figure out."

I hang up, ideas flowing through my head.

--

Alondra's POV

From that day, which was about a month ago, Michael promised me that he would get help. Right now, he just got back from medical treatment.

The press is bouncing off the walls with a new fake story. Almost all the tabloids have labeled him an 'addict' or a 'pill-popper.' I'm so annoyed. Michael doesn't deserve any of that.

I walk to the front door to greet him as he comes in. "Hey baby," I kiss him on the lips.

"Hey," he leans down kisses my stomach, which is a new little habit of his. I think that it's so sweet. Then I help him take his coat off as he walks farther into the house.

He takes a seat at the breakfast bar and I sit on the high stool next to him.

I survey his eyes, and he looks so sleepy, like he's about to pass out.

"What?" He asks.

I clear my throat and fold my arms. "Well, how did it go?"

"Alright. The doctor said it was time for body detox. Then he gave me a substitute for the pills," He says.

What he means is, he went to the doctor's office to rid his blood of the painkillers. And because he becomes restless and he can't handle not taking them, the doctor gave him something as a "place holder," and soon he'll stop taking anything all together.

I rest my hand on top of his. "You're so strong."

He rolls his eyes at me, and kisses me softly. "I have to be, for both of you."

The taste of his sweet lips against mine calm me, and he holds the back of my head.

"Alondra, have you seen the finished nursery?"

I shake my head. "No, I haven't."

He stands and I do too, and he places a hold on my waist. "I want you to see."

"I'm still mad that you didn't even let me help, and you quit my job," I say as he leads me up the stairs.

"I would be damned if I let you lift a finger. You're four months pregnant. I just want to love you and care for you," He replies.

"Michael I know that, I just wish you would let me--"

"Alondra." He stops me in the middle of my sentence and arches an eyebrow. I sigh, and the conversation is over.