Chapter 16: It hurts in the worst way.

We both chugged down the Monster drinks. Hoping they'd give us a better source of energy.

Bring Me The Horizon was blasting through my radio right now.

"So, you really don't remember anything from last night?" Nate asked.

Eating the popcorn that was in a big green bowl between us.

"No. But I did loose my virginity. That's all I remember. I'm suprised you didn't." I laughed.

"Last night was the best night of my life. Even though I barely remember it, from the parts I do I know I had a great fucking time!" he smiled widely.

"Oh, that's right!" I smiled. "I do have your present. & even though they're not as amazing as yours, I hope you like it." I went into my closet.

I brought out a big black bag & handed it to him. Inside were gray vans. He wanted them badly but everywhere we looked there wasn't his size. He smiled & kept taking all the items out. The rest were a couple of Bring Me The Horizon CDs, a t-shirt I remember he wanted to get but we didn't have any money, & lastly a big black album.

"What is this?" he laughed. He opened the album. Every single page in there was full except for one.

There were pictures of us from 3rd grade all the way to now.

He hugged me tightly. "Thank you so much Als. I love you. You're my best friend. And you're amazing." he smiled.

"You're welcome." I laughed. "I'm glad you liked it. Oh, and just to have one more." I started again. I went into my drawers & took out a very old fashioned camera I had. I took a picture of the both of us & it slided out. He laughed & he slid it into the last slot.

There was a loud bang on the door.

"What's dickhead doing here?" Nate asked, getting mad.

"He got fired from his job so he's been around a lot more." I answered. "Sadly." I added.

The door flung open. "Turn that shit down." Jake said angrily.

"No, leave us alone. Go out & slap some whores around, whatever you like to do." Nate answered angrily.

Jake's nostrils flared, the veins popping out of his neck.

He slammed the door shut.

"Pussy." Nate mumbled, laughing.

I laughed along with him. "So, you & Sam." I winked. "You really love her, don't you?"

His face brightened up. "Of course I do Als. She's amazing. She's. She's. Words can't explain how I feel about her." he smiled, dazing off.

"Earth to Nate." I said, clapping my hands in front of his face.

"Oh sorry." he laughed.

A Breathe Carolina song started to play.

The door slammed against the wall much harder this time.

Jake stood their angrily, charging towards us. We both stood up quickly, backing away.

Then Jake got something from the back of his back.

"ALICE!" he screamed, picking me up & running out of the room as fast as he could.

"YOU KIDS CAN'T GET AWAY!" Jake screamed running after us.

I don't know what Nate saw.

"Nate!" I screamed, tears welling in my eyes. "What did you see?"

"Alice, I just want to let you know that whatever happens, I love you. I will never stop loving you. You're my best friend. Just remember that." he answered quickly as we struggled going down the stairs.

"I love you too Nate, but what are you talking about?!" I screamed, crying.

"I--"

There were three loud bangs & right before my eyes my best friend dropped on the floor.

Blood splattering everywhere as a pool of it formed underneath him.

I screamed in agony. I shook Nate. His eyes were open. Staring at nothing.

I shook him & shook him.

"DON'T DO THIS TO ME NATE. DON'T LEAVE ME LIKE THIS." I choked. I couldn't stop crying. I held

Nate close to me. I hugged his body. Motionless & pale.

My tears fell onto his chest, soaking his shirt. Then I heard another bang & felt a sharp pain go through my

back. "What's happening?" I managed to say. I felt weak. & fell onto the hard floor. Everything just turned

black.