Chapter 24: And go your own way.

So, Samantha has been sleeping over my house a lot & hanging out with me a lot. At first I was a bit suspicious, but then I got over it.

We were sipping our milkshakes & stuffing fries into our mouths & Johnny Rockets.

"Is your dad gonna get mad I'm always keeping you out late?" she giggled.

I laughed & rolled my eyes.

"Who cares?"

She smiled. "I have to tell you something."

"Um, okay." I answered.

"So, I really want to go to Julliard for college. & my parents & I decided to move to New York so I can start getting into dance high schools just to make me prepared." she said.

I felt like someone just slapped me 10,000 times.

"Oh, w-wow. I'm r-really happy for you.... But.... When are you leaving?" I tried to bite my toung as hard as I could so I could concentrate on the pain instead of the years that were begging to flow out.

"....tomorrow." she whispered, looking down.

I couldn't hold in the tears anymore. I ran out of there, going into my car. Hands on my steering wheel.

I tried to let her words sink in. See. Didn't I tell you? Everyone will end up leaving me. Pretty soon, Mason will change him mind once again. When a gorgeous perfect happy girl walks by.

Samantha ran out, going info the car.

"Alice?" she asked nervously.

I stared at my hands clutching the steering wheel. I was holding in so hard.

It hurt. I felt the tears wetting my jeans.

"I-I'm gonna m-miss you S-s-Sam." I choked out.

She flung her arms around me tightly.

"Oh, I am too Alice!" she cried, I felt the tears running down my back.

"I just really have to start thinking about my future. Dancing is my passion. It's all I've ever wanted. The sooner, the better." she backed away.

"What am I gonna do? Everybody's leaving me." I cried.

"Alice, don't worry. I promise you, once high school's over I'm dragging you down to New York to live with me." she said, giving me a soft smile.

I smiled back, sniffling.

"You're an amazing friend Alice." Samantha said.

"So are you." I laughed, wiping the tears off my face.

I took a deep breath. Time to take it in again Alice. Time to be prepared for somebody else walking away from your life.