Chapter 11

MICHAEL'S POV

I went inside my house with a box with the dress inside. I hope this works. I was heading to my room but I heard someone clear their throat, it was my mum. I waved to her cheekily and proceeded to continue my walk.

"Michael come here." She said sternly.

I huffed and sat beside her.

"Wassup?" I asked.

"Don't 'wassup' me, where the hell have you been?"

"Out."

"Where? You're never home! I haven't seen my son in a month!"

"I go to tutor my friend, sometimes I go to the mall, I have band practise as well. But sorry."

"Why did you dye your hair pink oh my god."

"It was a dare and I wasn't being a chicken. It's suits me though so it's fine."

"Argh! And band practise? Michael, I told you that I wanted you to be a lawyer, just like your parents. That's why we gave you those tutoring lessons in the first place."

"But mum, I wanna make music. It makes me happy. And heaps of others around the world are supporting me."

"But you will make money being a lawyer."

"So will being in a band. You don't get it. We have fans. I don't care about making money. I'm safe to say that we already have money, I just want to be able to use my passion to help others. We've saved lives with our music, Mum."

"I guess you're right. But can you actually show up to your exams. You're always failing."

"I can't be bothered." I shrug.

"Why do I even bother trying?" She looked down and sighed.

"I'm sorry mum." I kiss her cheek and walk up to my room, leaving her with her thoughts.

NEXT DAY

LEAH'S POV

Maria came by to my house with a box and left. No small talk or anything. Weird. I looked at the box and was curious to see what's inside. I opened it and saw this beautiful cherry red colour dress that would suit my green ends really well. I took it out of the box and was proceeding to hang it up but then an envelope flew out from the inside of the dress. I put the dress aside and opened the envelope with my name written in it.

"Dear Leah,

I'm sorry that I broke your heart. I'm sorry for not realising I actually was in love with you. But when I did, I tried to get you back straight away, it's been four months since our breakup and I'm still trying. But I see you're not interested, well that's what I think. This is the last time I'm gonna try. I don't wanna waste anymore of my time if you're just going to reject me. So, if you're still into me then meet me at the local park in two hours from now. I'll be waiting. Please wear this dress as well. I can already tell that you'll look beautiful. I hope you show up.

Love, Michael."