Chapter One

What on earth did I get myself into? I thought, sitting in my dingy car, double-checking my appearance. Eh. There's nothing I could do about it.
I was nineteen and finally had a job. I was hired as set manager for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader film. Set manager basically meant that I had to stand and watch the film-set during takes, ensuring that all the props and scenery were perfect. It's not exactly what I went to college for, but at least I had a job.
Stepping out of my car, I noted that there weren't a terrible amount of cars in the parking lot for a movie-shoot. At least, not as many was I had imagined.
My casual high-heels clicked against the black pavement. I've always loved the sound heels make against hard-surfaces - just like some people liked the smell of gasoline. Plus, high-heels made me feel important and fashionable- and tall. Which is something I definitely wasn't without those shoes.
Building B.
As I opened a side door I was instructed to use, I was greeted by two unofficial looking women, stationed on either side of the door. I looked surprised to see them - and, honestly, I was.
"Hello, ma'am," said the tall, lean woman on the right. "Do you have an ID?"
"You mean, like, my drivers license?" I questioned.
"No. Name, please?" The woman pulled out her phone, scrolling through an "endless" list of names.
"Veronica Maximoff," I said. What was this all about? I wasn't told I needed special identification. Though it made sense. I could just imagine insane fans attempting to break into the film-set, pretending like they belong. Special identification was certainly a good thing to check.
"Here's your name!" the woman said at last. I noticed her ID strung around her neck said Madison. Madison tapped on her phone screen and beckoned me over to an over-sized, white printer - at least, that's what it looked like. Apparently I was right.
While things between the printer and Madison's phone were being tinkered with, I stood patiently, taking notice of everything around me. Memorizing the room. The walls were an eggshell white, the floor a dark crimson carpet. (I was secretly disappointed about the carpet because it prohibited the clicking of my heels.) Windows placed awkwardly high above the walls, letting in just the right amount of sunlight. They're probably like that so fans or reporters can't just look inside and find out in formation. Though what could they learn from this room?
After a beep, Madison handed me a small piece of paper with a picture of me and my name printed on it. It was encased in plastic, hanging on a thick, black string. "Here," she said. "Wear this around your neck and return it here before you leave."
"Thank you," I said and walked away, just as someone had entered through the door.
Wait- how did they get my picture? They probably just pulled one off the internet. I thought to myself.
I walked down a small, bare hallway, the flooring and walls staying the same as they were in the previous room; except there were no awkwardly placed windows. In fact, there were no windows at all.
Turning a sharp corner and walking down a flight of stairs, I soon stood in a gigantic, echoing room filled with people dressed mainly in black.
Large, bulky cameras were stationed around several different sets. Camera-men tested the cameras, making sure they were all properly working. People were taking every where with one another, and the noise - mainly caused by the echoing - soon became almost unbearable.
But a thought soon drew my attention away from that. I realized that I had no idea when I was needed and where I was supposed to be.
Quickly turning around, I wasn't watching where I was walking, and I smacked my face against someone's chest. I reeled back - a bit dramatic. Knowing my luck I probably ran into the director and he'll fire me before I even start! Opening my eyes, I realized it was someone much worse.
A hot guy.
But not just any hot guy, a male guy. Whose name happened to be Skandar Keynes. Like, the Skandar Keynes.
My heart immediately dropped into my stomach. My eyes widened, eyebrows arched. Anxiety began to bubble inside of me, causing me to almost throw up. But I held that down.
"I am SO sorry! I'm new and I wasn't watching- I hope you don't- trust me, I have a good excuse- I-" I could barely control the meaningless words that flowed out of my mouth. Please don't tell me I just ran into Skandar Keynes - also known as the guy I had a crush on for three straight years. I actually thought I had lost those fangirl-y feelings towards him. Maybe I was just nervous.
"Relax," he interrupted, a smile breaking across his lips. His accent was beautiful. It was exactly like how it was in the movies...except, somehow, better! And his smile.
But I didn't have much time to think about how attractive he looked, sporting his Narnia outfit, before something inside of me began to build up my throat. And it wasn't anxiety or nervousness.
"Excuse me! I think I'm going to be sick!"
♡•♡•♡•♡
Welcome to my first story on Wattpad that's not a fanfiction! Well, I mean, technically it is...but it doesn't take place in a specific fandom- world. You know what I mean!
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I'd love to hear your ideas for future chapters!

Question: Should there be romance between Skandar and Veronica? ;)

Don't be stupid or make bad decisions,
~ForeverFangirl