Chapter Ten

[Veronica]

My eyes flew open, a horrific realization flooded over me. My duvet was wrapped uncomfortable around my body like a cocoon, barely letting my breath. I fearfully observed my surroundings, both relieved and disappointed to find myself laying on the floor of my apartment's bedroom.

I rested my head against the wooden flooring, hating myself for having such vivid dreams. Ever since the incident with Skandar last week, my dreams always involve us doing something romantic. Something I was not mentally prepared to experience.

Since that moment, I had told him that we should hang out again, but something always stopped me from sending him a text or call. The dreams had certainly changed my entire perspective about him; but the reality was much worse. I felt like I was receiving mixed feelings.

Ever since I met him I always tried to dismiss any romantic thoughts between us, thinking that he only considered me a friend - or at least an acquaintance. But now I wasn't sure. And it was like I was almost scared to call him. But why?

Pushing myself off the floor, I attempted to push the repeating thoughts of my dream out of my mind. I unplugged my clock, tired of its noise and bright numbers. I'd just reset it later.

● ● ●

After I took a steaming shower, washed my face, and combed my hair, I pulled out my phone and scrolled through Pinterest, trying to find inspiration for that day's outfit. Something trendy yet not too revealing. I walked out of my bathroom and into my bedroom, just as the perfect outfit caught my eye.

Opening my closet, I began rummaging through the rack, attempting to find similar articles of clothing. I was greatly surprised when I found almost the complete outfit - minus the dazzling accessories.

Almost as soon as I put on and buttoned up my jean-shorts, I heard a wrap on my door. After quickly checking myself in my full-length mirror, I walked over to the door and opened it.

"Surprise!" shouted a familiar voice.

My eyes fell on the frame of a shorter girl with red hair, recognized as my best friend: Alyssa. I bit my lip, trying to contain a squeal, not wanting to disturb the other tenants.

"What are you doing here!?" I gasped in a low whisper, gesturing her to come into my apartment. An excited grin was plastered across my face, which was lacking in makeup.

"Well, I didn't want to tell you in case it fell through," Alyssa explained calmly. She had a matching estatic expression across her face.

"In case what fell through?" I asked in an axious manner.

"I'm moving to Queensland!"

No matter how hard I tried, words just couldn't form in my mouth. I was too happy to say anything, so I simply stood there facing her, my mouth stretched wide open. A different expression was etched on my face - mostly shock.

"What?" I managed to say.

"Well, for now anyway. I graduated from college and I decided to temporarily stay here. Well, not with you, exactly. But next to you!"

"You rented out the other apartment next to me? But-but why?"

"I figured that you and I could spend some time together before we jump into our life-changing futures, now that we're both college graduates."

"You're the best," I said, embracing her into a warm hug. "I have so much to tell you!"

"Great! You can update me on your superstar-filled life as you help me unpack."

"Deal!" I agreed.

● ● ●

Sorry for the really short chapter, but I really wanted to update it for you guys :)