Chapter Six

I slowly rose from my seat, my eyes staring off into space.  I kept thinking about what the director had said to me. 

I left the room where I was met by a nervous Georgie and Skandar.  Skandar had been pacing up and down the hallway, whereas Georgie was just crazily biting her fingernails. 

“Well, what happened?” Georgie asked suddenly.  She gently grabbed the sides of my shoulders.

“I- I was fired,” I replied slowly. 

“What?” Skandar said in a voice close to a whisper.  “If anyone should be fired, it should be me.  I was the one who suggested it!”

“He can’t fire you.  It’s like I told you before we snuck out, you two have secure contracts - they can’t fire you.”

“I’ll go and talk with Michael and before you know it-” I placed my hand in the middle of his chest, prohibiting him from walking any further. 

“There’s nothing you can do about it,”  I said as we began to walk down the hallway.  I removed my special ID and twisted it into the palm of my hand.  I was struggling to hold back my tears.  I knew that if I did cry in front of Georgie and Skandar that they’d understand and that they wouldn't've judged me for it.  But I didn’t cry. 

“I don’t know what I’m going to do,” I muttered, apparently just loud enough for Georgie and Skandar to hear.

“About what?” Georgie asked quietly.

“About money!” I snapped.  I closed my eyes and released a heavy sigh.  “I’m sorry, Georgie.  I didn’t mean to snap at you like that.  It’s just, I don’t know how I’m going to pay for my apartment!  It could be a while until I find a new job.”

We trudged down the narrow set of stairs that lead to the entrance.  I placed my special ID on a table next to Madison.  She gave me a confused look but took the ID without question. 

“Don't worry, we'll help you,” Georgie comforted.  But I knew they couldn't and that they were just attempting to be nice.

“Just like you did when you suggested we sneak out,” I said to Skandar.  He looked both surprised and slightly hurt as my words hit him.  I knew what I said wasn't true, but, at the time, that's what it felt like.

“Listen,” I said at length.  “I have to go.  It's been really nice meeting and getting to know you both.  I guess I'll see you at the premiere.”  And with that, I left the building and walked towards my car. 

How on earth was I supposed going to find a fairly good paying job in this city?

● ● ●

Yo yo! 

So what do you guys think?  Don't worry, it won't be the last time she sees them - spoiler alert! XD

Also, my apologies for making this chapter incredibly short, but I needed to get her out of the building lol

~Fangirl