Chapter Eight

"Make yourself at home," I said. "When I'm done changing I'll give you the 'grand tour' of my luxurious suite!"

I walked into my bedroom where I slipped off my bathing suit and hung my robe on a wall-peg. Searching through my closet, I found a comfortable outfit, consisting of a loose white shirt and black skinny jeans. Pulling my wet hair into a messy bun, I decided to go without makeup. It's not like I wore much anyway.

Exiting my bedroom, I found Skandar sitting on my couch reading one of my many celebrity magazines. He held one particular magazine with his picture on the cover.

"I like this one," he said, noticing my presence. "They picked a really attractive guy to pose on the cover."

"Eh," I shrugged jokingly. "I didn't think he was that cute."

Skandar and I both laughed as I joined him on the couch. "So," I began, hoping that would strike up a conversation.

"I was promised a tour, wasn't I?" he reminded.

"It's really not much to look at."

"I like it," he insisted. "Big, empty houses can be boring and creepy sometimes."

I agreed to give him the tour and we rose from the couch.

● ● ●

"I wish I lived in an apartment like this," Skandar said when the 'grand tour' was finished.

"The room next to me is available," I informed, half joking. It would be exciting to live next to Skandar and visit him whenever I wanted - within reason.

"I'll look into it."

There was a lengthy period of silence before I asked:

"I'm starving - are you?"

"Actually, yeah," he admitted. "How does...pizza sound to you?"

"Perfect!" I sighed, thinking about the gooey cheese and soft crust.

"Should we go out and eat?"

"Hmm...what about the paparazzi?"

"You're right."

"We could order it and have it delivered here? We could watch more or show or something," I suggested.

"Sounds perfect," he agreed.

"I'll call the pizza place. The movies are in the TV stand. Go pick one out," I said. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed my cellphone. As I ordered the pizza, I heard Skandar read the titles of the movies out loud. I held back a laugh because he also gave a hilarious comment with each title.

"I ordered the pizza!" I called, entering into the living room. "Picked a movie yet?"

"How about 'The Fault in Our Stars' or 'The Notebook'?" He held the two movies out.

"Wow, you're a wimp," I teased. After much consideration, I chose 'The Notebook'. You couldn't go wrong with Ryan Gosling.

Skandar and I sat down on the couch, closer than before. Of course he probably didn't think anything of it, but baby butterflies fluttered around in my stomach. I tried to dismiss the unexpected feeling, but it wouldn't go away. Maybe it was the mere thought of watching 'The Notebook' with Skandar Keynes. But I wasn't a fangirl, I was a friend.

"Do you think I'm as attractive as Ryan Gosling?" asked Skandar while the beginning played.

"Eh," I shrugged playfully, giving him a quick smirk.

Heck yeah.

Way more than Ryan Gosling.

Pfft!