Chapter Two

Flush!
I watched all my stress and anxiety being flushed away down the drain. For awhile, I just sat on the bathroom floor (indian-style), rethinking what I done within the past ten minutes. It mainly consisted of me telling myself how stupid I was when and after I met Skandar.
I can't believe I nearly threw up on him, I thought, putting my hand to my forehead. Great first impression.
After sitting for a few more minutes, I decided that I should leave the bathroom. After all, I might have been needed already. Maybe people were trying to find me. Though the bathroom would've been one of the first places they'd check, right?
I sighed and pushed myself up off the floor, my stomach feeling weak and uneasy. I was still shaking, though I had no idea if that was caused by me throwing up or if there was some lingering anxiety.
I didn't care.
Washing my hands, I heard the large bathroom door open behind me. I glanced up at the mirror, peering into its reflection.
"There you are!" a girl said. She was sporting all black, and I noticed she was hearing a headset, heavily wired. "The first take starts in three minutes!" Nodding my head, the co-worker disappeared behind the door.
I quickly doused my face with water, hoping it would add a bit of color back to my complexion. I hoped and prayed that my stomach wouldn't decide to push its innards up my throat again. My anxiety was never this bad when I was growing up. Though I never ran into a famous, attractive actor then.
I soon exited the bathroom, immediately being swarmed by females in black, hastily hooking up wires and electronic-things to my clothing.
Why on earth did I need all this equipment? All I do is watch the set for the short, four-minute takes. I feel like a security guard.
After "my" small crew had completed wiring me up, I was handed a single sheet of paper.
"This tells you what props need to be where for each take," stated a tall female. "Just check them off every time a successful take has been shot."
I agreed and followed her to wear I needed to be standing for the first scene. It was the scene where Lucy and Edmund returned to their nasty aunt and uncle's home. I glanced down at the paper, then up at the set. Everything seemed to be where in its correct place.
The actors and actress began to enter onto the set. My eyes widened when I saw Skandar. Fortunately, I had a paper to casually cover up my face. I don't know if he recognized me or if he was even paying attention.
Once the director yelled action, I slowly withdrew the paper from my face. Then I noticed her.
Georgie Henley.
The Georgie Henley. As in, my role model ever since I saw the The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I had completely forgotten about the other actors and actresses I was going to be seeing!
I attempted to contain my fangirl-ish feelings as Georgie and Skandar shared a dialogue. I nearly bit the prop sheet to prohibit a screech of excitement. But this was strictly business. I could not let my emotions overtake me this time. At least not yet - not in public.
Most of the crew was acting completely casual - as if this phenomenon happened every day. But for most of them, who had been apart of different films, were probably used to seeing famous actors and actresses on on a daily basis. But still. It didn't even excite them a little bit? Either that or they trained to hide their emotions.
"Cut!" the director yelled after the fifth take of the same, exact scene. By the third take I wasn't even paying attention what was happening on set. I had been daydreaming and fanning myself with the prop sheet. For some reason it became very humid in the build. Apparently I wasn't the only person who felt the rise in temperature, because some of the crew turned on two huge stage fans . But that didn't seem to have much effect.
"That last take will do!" shouted the director.
Finally, I thought. I need some fresh air.
"Everyone take a twenty minute lunch break!"
I didn't realize just how hungry I was until the director mentioned lunch. My stomach began to rumble, making me become very self-conscious of it.
Skandar Keynes, Georgie Henley, and another actor (who I wasn't familiar with) left the stage.
I walked onto the set once most of the crew had diminished, picked up the used props, and placed them in their original position. That was my job. Watch and reset. It was extremely boring, I will admit, but I got to watch a live performance of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, so it wasn't all bad.

I peered at the set all around me. It looked so realistic. My fingertips briskly touched the wallpaper. It felt so real. The creators at Weta-Workshop always outdid themselves. If I didn't know better, I would've guessed that this set was an actual room from a real house. That's how convincing it was.
I looked around, making sure no-one was still here. I began to recite Georgie's dialogue, mimicking her movements.
"Hullo, Uncle Harold!" I said, imitating her sweet British accent - something I had always wanted to have. Ever since I watched The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe - which came out nearly ten years ago - I had been trying to perfect my British accent.
"I've tried to find carrots, but all I could find were turnips. Should I start making soup?" I pretended to carry an imaginary bag of groceries to the kitchen counter in the other room. "Uncle Harold?"
Suddenly, without any warning, I heard a voice from behind me say, "Father! Edmund's making faces at you!"

♡•♡•♡•♡
Hey everybody! :D
So, yeah, that was chapter two! And so close together! Eeee! I hope you all enjoyed it. I will definitely try and update this regularly! I can't wait to read your feedback :)

~Fangirl