Chapter Five

While I was driving home to my apartment, I kept remembering the delightful scent of Skandar's cologne. Though it had smelled like berries, it wasn't a feminine smell. I remembered back to Skandar's cheeky smirk when he first pitched his idea of sneaking out. I quickly shook my head, dismissing any previous romantic thoughts. We were just friends. In fact, we were barely friends. And the only reason I had any feelings for him was because he's one of the most attractive actors ever to live. Even more attractive than Orlando Bloom or Chris Pine - at least in my opinion.

When I finally reached my apartment, I parked my poor excuse for a car and got out. After shutting my door, I patted the hood and said, "Someday I'll fix you up. Someday."
I sighed heavily as I entered the main lobby of my apartment building. I was on the fourth floor of a seven-story building. I didn't like riding the elevator at night, but I definitely did not feel like jogging up four flights of stairs at ten at night.

After the creepy elevator ride, I walked down the fourth-floor hallway, mumbling my room number. "413...413...413..." I finally spotted my apartment number. I withdrew my single apartment key from my back jeans pocket, then inserting it into a keyhole. I was soon in the comfort of my own apartment, safe and sound.

I quickly changed from my "work day" outfit into my "lazy day" outfit that I literally purchased from Walmart a few weeks ago. As soon as I had finished changing, I walked out in the living area of my apartment. There was a brown IKEA desk near one wall of the living room, with my DELL laptop resting on it. I sat myself down on the chair, immediately turned on my laptop. I needed to tell Alyssa all about my first day working on an official film-set.

Alyssa Brown was my auburn-haired friend I made at college. She also happened to be my first friend I made there. We were both majoring in the same subject: acting. It was when we were assigned partners for a short film contest. We, obviously, we're paired up together. And while we didn't win the contest, we had a lot of fun filming, writing, and editing our short comedy. Ever since that assignment, we've been talking - mainly about The Chronicles of Narnia or The Lord of the Rings. When I first found out about Alyssa's love for literature, especially the ones previously mentioned, I wanted to get to know her better and have deep discussions on how attractive Elves really are.

Since our film assignment was something we to create from scratch, we got to know each other's writing preferences and styles. We both liked writing fanfiction better than our own books with our own original characters and plots. Nothing we wrote just didn't seem as awesome as a hobbit going on an adventure or four prophecy children entering into another world.

My laptop finally turned on, and the first thing I did was log into my Skype account. When I first mentioned to Alyssa that I was hired to be part of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader film, she completely lost all control of her "normal" side, thus becoming a jealous yet ecstatic fangirl. She made me promise to contact her the minute I got home from work. That's exactly what I did.

Ring...Ring....Ring....Beep!

"Veronica?" I heard a familiar voice say.
"Yes?" I said, trying to contain my excitement. "I'm home from work!"
I immediately heard a fangirling squeal from Alyssa. "Tell me all about it!" she begged. "Who was there? Who did you meet? Tell me every last detail."
I then began my story, starting with my collision with Skandar, nearly throwing up all over him. She listened intently, hanging onto my every word. I was a great storyteller - or so I was told by students and professors at college. I then proceeded to tell about how Georgie Henley heard me imitating her; about how Skandar wanted to sneak out to eat delicious food at nearby café; and how it started downpouring when there were almost five minutes left until the next shoot.

By the time I finished my story, it was about twelve-twenty-three. From what I could see, both Alyssa and I were wide awake.
"You're so lucky," she said at length. "While I'm stuck inside doing stupid college tests and assignments, you're out practically married to Skandar Keynes!"
I laughed and shook my head. "I wish. We're barely even friends. Plus, I'm pretty sure he's secretly dating some wealthy model."
"Oh really? How do you know? He did tell you?" Alyssa asked anxiously.
"I don't know for sure. But it just sounds like something an attractive guy like him would do. Living the secret dating life, trying to evade paparazzi!" I sighed heavily. Sometimes I thought it would be fun to be a celebrity. Millions of fans nationwide, living in complete luxury, starring in major motion pictures critics have claimed as the next "Notebook". But then again, there was the loathsome paparazzi, causing your life to become a reality show. But I'm sure stars would get used to that. I know I could stand them if it meant a chance at fame and success.