Chapter Twenty-Three - You'll Always Belong Here

Rey walked into her son's room . He was sitting on his bed playing with a small ball , using the force to get it off the ground .

"Aiden ?" She said opening the door all the way .

"What do you want ?!" He yelled looking away .

"I want to talk to you ... " and she sat down next to him . "Honey ... How did the man come ?"

"He was walking ... That's how ... He saw me and asked my name ... I said Aiden Solo and he smiled "

"Aiden ... Did you want to go with him ?" She asked .

"Yes ! No ! I don't know mom ... I wanna learn the force but you and dad won't let me ..."

"It's because you're too young ... We've had this conversation many times ... When you're 10 years old you can go train with uncle Luke "

"I can't wait three more years mom ! Every day I feel my powers getting stronger "

"I know ... But you're only 7... You still have much to grow -"

"Mom if I get to go to a Jedi academy I might actually fight in "

"What do you mean you might fight in ?" Rey asked raising her eyebrow .

"I look around and I look nothing like anyone here ... Elia is like a spotting image of you , you both had hazel eyes and brown hair ... Hadley looks like dad but with grandma Leia's hair color .... The one she used to have .... And I look like no one ... I have black hair and black eyes and pale skin ... They all look like they belong here mom "

"Honey ... Just cause you don't look like anyone here doesn't mean you're not part of this family ... " Rey said hugging him .

"Mom ... I just wanna belong ... I just wanna fit in here "

"You do ... You fit in right here honey ... Your father and I love you so much ... You wanna know a secret?"

"What ?" He asked.

"You may not know him but your grandfather , Han , and you look very similar to him but with your dad's hair " she said and kissed his cheek .
"Why don't you go get some cookies ? Grandma made some "

"Okay mom" Aiden said and hugged her .

"I love you "

"Love you too mom " and he ran off to the kitchen.

•[•]•

"Ben" Rey said stepping in his office .

"I'm busy -"

"No ... This is serious "

"Rey I have -"

"Hux is alive " Rey said and he sat down .

"What ?"

"Hux is alive ..."

"How did you know ?"

"I followed him out to the forest ... Hux was there trying to get him to come to the dark side here he could train him"

"What happened?"

"I stepped in ... I used the force on Hux and made him sleep ... Ben tonight we're going out there and killing him "

"Rey we can't kill -"

"He's trying to take our son to the dark side !"

"I understand your frustration Rey but what type of example are we setting for our kids ?"

"He tried to take him to the dark side ! He tried to kidnap our son ! If you don't kill him I will -"

"Rey you've never killed anything in your life -"

"And you killed your father so hard would it be to kill Hux ?!"

"Rey -"

"Fine ! I'll do it myself " Rey said and smashed the glass door that held Kylo Ren's lightsaber that was under safe keeping . Rey grabbed the saber .

"Rey stop -"

"No ... I need to protect our son ... Out of all our kids Ben we both know that he would be the one who would go to the dark side ... Your mother lost you to the dark side and I'm not gonna lose my son !" Rey snapped .

"Let's me come with you " he said .