Chapter Twenty-Four- He's Dead

Rey and Ben walked to the forest late at night as the children were sleeping , Ben had just dragged a lightsaber through Hux's body and then they burnt him to prevent him to getting to their kids . "He's get the dark side from your side " Rey said .

"Well he gets his looks from my side" Ben smirked as they walked through the forest .

"Yes, he looks like Anakin -"

"Rey that's not okay -"

"No what's no okay is that Aiden doesn't feel like he belongs "

"What ?" Ben asked grabbing her wrist making her stop in her tracks .

"He said he doesn't belong ... Go ahead and look in my memories if you don't believe me " she said .

Ben looked at her and peered back to this afternoon .

Rey walked into her son's room . He was sitting on his bed playing with a small ball , using the force to get it off the ground .

"Aiden ?" She said opening the door all the way .

"What do you want ?!" He yelled looking away .

"I want to talk to you ... " and she sat down next to him . "Honey ... How did the man come ?"

"He was walking ... That's how ... He saw me and asked my name ... I said Aiden Solo and he smiled "

"Aiden ... Did you want to go with him ?" She asked .

"Yes ! No ! I don't know mom ... I wanna learn the force but you and dad won't let me ..."

"It's because you're too young ... We've had this conversation many times ... When you're 10 years old you can go train with uncle Luke "

"I can't wait three more years mom ! Every day I feel my powers getting stronger "

"I know ... But you're only 7... You still have much to grow -"

"Mom if I get to go to a Jedi academy I might actually fight in "

"What do you mean you might fight in ?" Rey asked raising her eyebrow .

"I look around and I look nothing like anyone here ... Elia is like a spotting image of you , you both had hazel eyes and brown hair ... Hadley looks like dad but with grandma Leia's hair color .... The one she used to have .... And I look like no one ... I have black hair and black eyes and pale skin ... They all look like they belong here mom "

"Honey ... Just cause you don't look like anyone here doesn't mean you're not part of this family ... " Rey said hugging him .

"Mom ... I just wanna belong ... I just wanna fit in here "

"You do ... You fit in right here honey ... Your father and I love you so much ... You wanna know a secret?"

"What ?" He asked.

"You may not know him but your grandfather , Han , and you look very similar to him but with your dad's hair " she said and kissed his cheek .
"Why don't you go get some cookies ? Grandma made some "

"Okay mom" Aiden said and hugged her .

"I love you "

"Love you too mom " and he ran off to the kitchen.

"He doesn't feel like he belongs Ben ... And I can't help but think that's my fault " Rey sighed .

"Why would you think you are to blame from him not belonging ?" Ben asked .

"I haven't been there for him.. It's always 'Elia did this ' and 'Elia is super smart ' or 'Hadley is just like his father' I never talk about him "

"He doesn't do anything to talk about" Ben said.

"He does but we don't notice ... We forget him and then we only focus on the other two ... And then we fight Ben .... We fight a lot -"

"What ?"

"We fight a lot Ben ... Almost every night this week we've argued about something ... The force , the kids laws ... Ben we've drifted apart "

"Rey we fight because we're stressed -"

"No ... We fight because we can't get along anymore ... The kids aren't happy ... I am not happy ... You're not happy ..." Rey said walking a little faster in front of him .

"If no one is happy then what do we do Rey ?" Ben asked .

"......Ben ..... I don't know .... I don't know you anymore ... I don't know what you're thinking about or who you're thinking about ... Or if you still love me ..." Rey said and went inside the building.