~ Chapter 7 ~ That Was Then, This Is Now

I was dancing in the kitchen as I prepared the children's snack when someone snuck up behind me and poked my side. I spun around and was face to face with Adonis.

"Hey." He smiled

"It's bad." I smiled. He looked confused before he caught on.

"Oh yeah I figured. It just she never turned me on." He shrugged and leaned against the fridge.

"So why'd you marry her?" I tucked my hair behind my ear and continued preparing the snacks.

"I was in love with her." There was a slight twang in my heart.

"What are you even doing in here?" I turn around with the tray in my hands.

"I was looking for a bathroom but I 'accidentally' walked in here." He smirked putting quotations around accidentally.

"Was it really an accident?" I raised my brow.

"No I saw you in here and wanted to say hi. It was a very amusing sight." A smile stretched across his face. "You have beautiful dance moves."

"Shut up." I blushed and stared down at the tray.

"So what are you wearing for Halloween?" He followed me out the kitchen.

"I'm no longer able to trick or treat Adonis." I started passing out the snacks.

"Nobody said anything about trick or treating. I'm a chaperone for your old high school Halloween ball." He whispered in my ear.

"Where do I come into this?" I turned to face him and held the empty tray to my chest.

"I was hoping I could persuade you into signing up to chaperone. I can't really take you as a date because." He looked down at his hand and twirled his wedding band around his finger.

"Laura's going to be there?" The thought of her being there diminished my decision of actually showing up. I already volunteered.

"Yeah, she insisted she go with me. 'The more adults the merrier.' She said." He crossed his arms. "So will you?"

"I already signed up. I just don't have my costume yet." I walked back to the kitchen but he caught my wrist.

"Then we'll go tonight." He whispered just in case Marcy over heard. "After I drop off Marcy I'll drive over to your place and we go find you a costume?" He tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Mmm thanks but no thanks." I shook my head and tried avoiding his eyes.

"Please, isn't that what friends do? They help each other out?"

"Friends don't have sex with each other." I hissed in a very low whisper and pulled away from him. We locked eyes for a second before I headed to the kitchen.

"You can't say you didn't enjoy it." He followed behind me. "Plus when I first arrived you were having sex with your best friend." He turned me around when we were in the safety of the kitchen. "You do remember that don't you?" He looked me in the eyes.

"Yes but-" he placed his finger over my lips. He bent down and he breath fanned across my ear making it tingle.

"I'll see you at 9 o'clock." He whispered. He lingered for a few seconds before turning out the kitchen and left.

My heart was pounding in my chest. I sighed and placed the tray down.

I answered my door and Adonis stepped through.