~ Chapter 14 ~ Her Fiancé

False alarm!! -A

That was the first text I read from Adonis when I woke up. The second one I read said this:

It was just a scare!! She's not really pregnant!! -A

At first I felt bad but then I found my self celebrating by jumping up and down on the couch and nearly breaking something in the process. I was a bad person for celebrating this but this was amazing news. Adonis never wanted to father Laura's child for a very long time but he just wanted to make her happy seeming that he's hurting her by cheating on her.

My phone buzzed in my hands and I quickly opened the text message.

Have a wonderful day at work. Just one more day! -A

When I read the text I was temporarily confused about what he meant but then I remembered we were going to LA tomorrow night, or early Wednesday morning. I just know that'd it'd be late Tuesday night when we landed in LA.

Mind telling me why we're going? -Al

Soon I had gotten a reply.

Can't sorry you'll find out soon enough. :) -A

I slammed my phone down on the couch and slumped back on to it, crossing my arms and poking out my bottom lip. Kleo jumped on to the couch and curled up in my lap. She dozed off to sleep.

"Sorry I have a date." She said while picking up the plastic cups.

"You just can't stopped by and make sure she's ok?" I followed her alone.

"What part of, I have a date, don't you understand?" She snapped at me as she spun around towards me.

"The have and a date parts." I stepped back slightly.

"You're not the only one who has a life Alaska. I can't cat sit I'm sorry." She walked towards the kitchen.

"Since when did you have a date?" I pursed my lips and followed her.

"Since I decided to actually live out my twenties and go out to the club for once. Which you missed by the way." She narrowed her eyes at me. "What was up with that?"

"I was busy. That's beside the point though. You don't even have to stay there. Just check up on Kleo make sure her bowls are full and that's it. Please jasmine!" I pulled my best puppy dog face.

"That's not going to work on me. I'm twenty-two not sixteen." She crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes. My bottom lip began to quiver slightly. I heard a groan in the back of her throat.

I batted my eyelashes and she gave in.

"Fine!" She stomped her foot on the ground. "You and that face, and those eyes, and them lips. They make you look so innocent when you're not!" She complained.

"It's a gift and a course." I smiled.

"Just for two days right?" She tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Just two days. I should be back between Thursday and Saturday." I hugged my best friend.

"Yeah I better be getting some extra days off or some crap." She joked and hugged me back.

After I passed through the airport gates, at 4:05 in the morning, I went to McDonalds. After getting me McCafé iced mocha, I went to find Adonis. It didn't take long really, but I didn't approach him directly. Only because he wasn't alone. He was openly making out with Laura. He was sitting down in a chair and she was on his lap. Her hands in his hair and his hands on her waist.

Sipping my mocha, I pretended I didn't see them and sat two seats away from them. I already had my ticket because Adonis brought it to me last night.

I was playing subway surfers on my phone when someone called my name, making me crash into a train. I was pretty upset because I was just about to beat my high score and I didn't have enough keys to save myself. I looked up from my phone.

"Alaska!" The voice came from my right. I turned my head and saw Laura. She was smiling at me with her arms still looped around Adonis neck. "What a coincidence to see you here."

Not really. "Yeah I guess." I looked back down at my phone.

"Are you going to LA as well?"

Nah I'm going to Florida.

"Yeah." I looked back up at her. "My aunt lives in LA and I haven't seen her in a long time so..." I trailed off with my partial lie. My aunt did live in LA and I haven't seen her in a while but I doubt that I'm going to go visit her, but I would love to.

I should ask Adonis if we can.

"Adonis is as well. He has some business to attend out there. He's a photographer and he models." She smiled and pressed her face against his. "I'm lucky to have a model husband." She gave him a big kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah lucky you." I grumble and went back to my phone.

"You could've warned me." I punched Adonis arm once he sat down.

"Ow!" He rubbed his arm. "Warn you about what?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"That your wife was going to be there." I huffed and leaned back in the seat.

"If I did would you have showed up?" He turned my face back towards him.

"I was debating on if I should've actually showed up or not. I should've stayed in my warm bed. That's what I should've done." I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"But you didn't and I'm happy you did come. Now we can be together without any complications." He rubbed his nose against my cheek.

"What are we doing eloping?" I laughed.

"If you want we can. I don't mind." He whispered in my ear.

"No Adonis." I pushed him away. "When we land I want to go visit my aunt." I stated.

"If we have time we will." He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"It wasn't a request, it wasn't an order, it wasn't a question. I'm going to go see my aunt even if we don't have time." I flipped through one of the magazines.

"Ok whatever you say." He started messing with his phone.

"It's late Alaska." Adonis mumbled as we walked up my aunts walk way.

"She's nocturnal, she'll be up." I stepped onto her porch and knocked on the door.

There was a long pause.

"See she's not up. Let's go." He tried pulling me away.

"Wait for it..." I pulled my arm away from him. The door swung open to reveal a familiar blond hair, blue eyes and pale pink lips. She could've of been no older that 40.

"Alaska darling!" She pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheeks. "You didn't tell me you were visiting!" She looked at me.

"Cece I texted you." I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes at her.

"You did?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Yes I did, may we come in?" I smiled at her.

"Yes, yes of course." She allowed us to come in. There were toys everywhere. Her xbox was on and the game was paused.

"Nice." I chuckled and took off my jacket.

"Who is he?" She ran her eyes over Adonis.

"He's my.." I trailed of. "My.." What was he to me? "My uh.."

"Her fiancé." He pulled me into him and kissed my head.

"You didn't tell me you were getting married!" She squealed.

"Yeah it's still a shock to me as well." I looked up at Adonis.

"Yeah we've been together for four years and I can't believe I've waited to so long." He smiled at my aunt.

We sat and talked about me and Adonis relationship. He answered most of the questions and she was eating it all up. When the sun started to rise that's when we decided it was time for us to head to our hotel.

Cece was reluctant to let us leave, she wanted to keep drooling over us but she let us drive off in our rental car.

"I can't believe you." I looked at him.

"She bought it. Plus what are you supposed to tell your aunt. That 'you're having sex with your ex boyfriend for four years and who's also a married man'?" He glanced at me then back at me.

"Now that you put it out there it does sound kind of blasphemy, a little out there." I ran my fingers through my hair and rested my elbow on the windowsill.

"So it's best she thinks we're engaged." He pulled up into the hotel parking lot.

It was beautiful outside. There was even a valet who parked the car after the bellboy took the bags out the car. He checked us in and we each got a key.

Our room was on the top floor and it was very spacious. There was a kitchen, living room, a bathroom off to one side and up the stairs was a bed room. It was basically a penthouse.

"You like my place?" He took off his jacket and smiled.

"This is yours?!" I looked at him in shock.

"You thought they had just a random penthouse available for use? Of course this is mine." He chuckled and took off my jacket.

"Does Laura know about this?" I watched as he hung it up in the coat closet.

"There's a lot Laura doesn't know about. Like I have a whole different savings account that she can't access." He turned back towards me.

"So she doesn't know you own a penthouse in LA?"

He shook his head. "I have one here, in Florida, New York, Paris, Italy, and a few other places where I handle business."

"How much money do you have?!" This was all news to me.

"Enough to retire whenever I want." He shrugged. "Come on you must be tired." He held out his hand for me to take. So I did.

He lead me up the stairs and there were about 3 doors. He took me in one and it was a beautiful bed room with a wardrobe. There was an open door and from what I saw it was a massive bathroom.

"So you're like rich?" I was still in shock. When I was in shock it took me a while to process things.

"Yes I am. When my father died he left me his life savings and my mother left Jordan her life savings. Turns out they both had secret accounts neither knew about. Then there's my job." He started to undress. "What you're shock you slept with a rich man?"

"No it's just that you don't act like you have money." I sat on the bed.

"I like to keep things simple. Having money isn't something you want to flaunt. Especially around Laura. If she knew she'd wipe my back account clean with a massive shopping spree." He tossed me a shirt.

"So why are you telling me this?" I gripped the shirt in my hands.

"Because you never asked me to buy you anything. I bought it because I wanted to. I can tell with you money doesn't matter. I could be in poverty and you would still like me." He smirked

"Don't be so sure of yourself." I took off my shirt and pulled on his. I stood up and shimmied out my pants, before stepped out them.

His shirt stopped mid thigh and it made me feel small. After tying my half up into a ponytail, and brushing my teeth, I crawled under the covers.

Adonis came out the bathroom from brushing his teeth and he turned out the light. The bed dipped slightly as he climbed in.

"Adonis." I spoke softly as he pulled me into him.

"Yes." His month breath tickled my nose.

"What are we doing later on today?" I stared into his eyes.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." His lips brushed against mine as he talked before he actually kissed me full on.

I instantly kissed him. All thoughts of Laura flying out my mind. My fingers found his hair and got tangled in the softness of it. His nibbled slightly on my bottom lip and I moaned pressing myself into him. He took the opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth and dance with mine.

I pulled away breathless.

"Get some sleep ok." He took my hand from his hair carefully, unballing my fingers so I wouldn't snatch out any hair.

_____________

They finally made it to LA after chapters of talking about it. There's so much planned for this little two day trip.

Comment. Vote. Fan.
Live. Laugh. Love.

~Dejah